Cracked rim

If you are looking for an item please place your request in here!
nedskelly

Cracked rim

Post by nedskelly »

I have alloy rims on my Denning converted motorhome and one of the rims has developed a crack, I am looking for a replacement. Details are
8.25 X 22.5 10 stud with PCD 335 and stud holes 33m.
2nd part of question I have heard that some trucks running alloys use steels on the inner dual, is this possible, truckies please
Gary,Trish & Pepper
"We're out there in The Longyard"
Mrcoolabah1au

Re: Cracked rim

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

I got my rims from Cowra wreckers up near Bathurst last year 🚌
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

pm sent
Hans

Post by Hans »

Hi Gary, PM Mrbolly, Alan has a surplus alloy rim he may wish to off load. Same batch as those organized by Busman, Bill. Regards, Hans
Mrbolly

Post by Mrbolly »

nedskelly wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 11:39 am I have alloy rims on my Denning converted motorhome and one of the rims has developed a crack, I am looking for a replacement. Details are
8.25 X 22.5 10 stud with PCD 335 and stud holes 33m.
2nd part of question I have heard that some trucks running alloys use steels on the inner dual, is this possible, truckies please
Hi Gary,
I have a spare alloy rim if you are interested. I also have a full set of the wheel nuts both L/H & R/H plus the chrome covers.

Yes, you can mix the alloy and the steel but you have to put the inner cones back on against the brake drum, but you must also measure to ensure the sleeved wheel nuts do not bottom onto the steel rim.

If you want to talk about the spare rim which is still new in the box, let me know.

Cheers, Alan
Who said it would never go?
Busman

Post by Busman »

It is legal in the US to run a steelie inside an alloy, but it is not here, so be careful doing that.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !