Chasing gearbox mounts for smot gearbox

If you are looking for an item please place your request in here!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Chasing gearbox mounts for smot gearbox

Post by T1 Terry »

alleng wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:26 pm This is what it looks like
One other possible, the hole where these bushes press into, is it the same length as the new bush supplied or a bit shorter? Just thinking that the old bush may not originally have come with the flanges on the ends but ended up that way as the wore out.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
alleng

Post by alleng »

Thanks George I will keep that in mind. Terry I will send them an email now and give them a ring first thing tomorrow thanks Just went through all the Mackay catalogues and there is nothing I can use there unfortunately. So its lots of phone calls in the morning, and maybe an email to Graeme Eaton in Sussex... Good thought Terry as the 2 inner bushes don't seem to have a flange on or have just worn off.. has anyone else heard of this happening?
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

http://www.nolathane.com.au/catsize_search.php

Bushing type: 16
OD target size: 35mm

Also, try ACW Bedford. They only reply to email.
http://www.acwbedford.com.au/Bedford%20 ... order.html

And Adrian at
bedfordbusbits@gmail.com
alleng

Post by alleng »

Thanks Jon_d will look into all 3.
alleng

Post by alleng »

Fellas thanks for all the help. But I got on to Adrian this morning and you were right Terry they are not cotton reel bushes this is how they go with time...the bushes they sent are the correct ones. So today is strip down day and clean and pull out and press the new ones in...wish me luck ..as wont be a fun job. Adrian gave me a few pointers so hopefully wont be to bad....cheers.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

alleng wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:15 am Fellas thanks for all the help. But I got on to Adrian this morning and you were right Terry they are not cotton reel bushes this is how they go with time...the bushes they sent are the correct ones. So today is strip down day and clean and pull out and press the new ones in...wish me luck ..as wont be a fun job. Adrian gave me a few pointers so hopefully wont be to bad....cheers.
Adrian is an encyclopaedia of knowledge when it comes to Bedford stuff and the go to man for parts and advice, always helpful and if he can't supply the bit himself he will redirect you to the people who can. His prices have always been good from my experience, the diff stuff was a great example, less than half the price quoted else where.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
alleng

Post by alleng »

Yes I have kept his contact details..very quick to reply to me also
mikeg

Post by mikeg »

Agreed, Adrian is the man!
Dot

Post by Dot »

Question please? what is a smot gearbox? :?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
alleng

Post by alleng »

Its an Eaton box 4speed changed to a 5 speed..