Now how the #%^@ do we get it home....

If you are looking for an item please place your request in here!
GoinBush

Re: He wants a bus...NOW!!

Post by GoinBush »

Hello chappies and chicks :D

Well, we went to the RV yard last week and, don’t shoot us, but we want a motorhome not a bus! :shock: :shock: :shock:

There were two buses there and they were just, how do I say it, just ordinary...? Cruddy...? :?

So, we went for a look-see in the motor homes and they are just sooooo more comfortable and modern and like a car to drive.

I know, I know, they are smaller and boooooring as batshit but they just make sense. If we were young and mad we’d have a 40 foot old clunker that ‘looks’ like a bus but we is old and wearing sensible shoes.

So, VW Crafter..... Let the bullets fly, I’m ready. I can take it. :lol:
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

See if you can take this one..........................ENJOY YOUR TRIPS..................................Probably a wise choice ...Peter.
Dot

Post by Dot »

So did you get one?? like pulling teeth :lol: We started off with a 23ft Winnie with slide out, never knew a dam thing about motorhomes and what was needed etc but we made it and with not many mistakes either but that experience gave us the confidence to have a go at doing our own. Still learning and if we knew then what we know now there are things we would do differently. So just grab the experience and get a goin bush. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Nope, didn’t buy one, told ya we was just lookin’ :lol: The salesman probably hated us. :mrgreen:

No, I was asking what the mechanical brains trust think of the VW Crafter. There was a dual cab there with a Jayco body, noice, imagine allll that extra storage in the back seat 👍
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Have a well stocked wallet when it comes time for servicing and when things crap themselves, cause they will and do far more often than one would expect. Check the weight of any ready made motorhome with the tanks full by driving it over a weigh bridge with both of you sitting in it. Is there enough weight capacity for more than a toothbrush and shared tube of toothpaste? Back to the light rigid or medium rigid licence requirement for something with enough room to both move and room in the weight side to carry all you will want to take with you.
Look at a lot more bus conversions and see if you can find one that is set up the way you want and feels like a home inside. They are going to be closer to what you have to spend while still giving you what you need.
Form before function is for those with the big wallets I'm afraid, a full bells and whistles 40ft A class is up around the million dollar mark on the road and they still have issues that require even more money thrown at them.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dapope

Post by dapope »

See if you can find a coachman mirada if you want whistles and bells, may even be worth importing one and having it converted. Or look for a swagman........downside of the swagman is the flat roof which makes them prone to leaking along the seams, the yanks at least make a one piece roof....
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
dapope

Post by dapope »

Forget my waffle....just saw the budget....
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Fiats seem to be the most popular. I wonder why?
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

Just the ease of building on them, JD, but one could argue the ability to do skids brings out the hoon in people. Shame winches aren't included in the deals 8-)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:03 pm Fiats seem to be the most popular. I wonder why?
Their ability to use fuel is incredible. Drove one empty, 2 adults up front, to Geelong and various Melbourne suburbs picking up E Bay purchased LPG tanks, then back to Wollongong. Went great, but from fuel station to fuel station rather from home and back, once the turbo kicks in you can practically watch the fuel gauge drop.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO