FOR SALE - Nissan Civilian 4.2L Diesel

Any caravans, campervans or motorhomes can be placed here with photos.
Shirley

Re: FOR SALE - Nissan Civilian 4.2L Diesel

Post by Shirley »

Yes, I would have to agree with that statement, one only has to get use to the length & a Coaster is easy to drive. I did have to get an LR licence. The Coasters have a great turning circle which I think is good.
Shirley & Bruce.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The 4.2ltr is a 6 cyl isn't it? Sorry about my Nissan ignorance on this one but a 4.6ltr Mazda is still a 4 cyl so......
I think B3's Civilian was a 6 cyl and he said it had a ton of torque and would go nearly any where.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dapope

Post by dapope »

We actually looked pretty hard at the coasters/civilians. could not find one though that ticked the essential boxes. Easy to see why they are popular
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
dapope

Post by dapope »

T1 Terry wrote:The 4.2ltr is a 6 cyl isn't it? Sorry about my Nissan ignorance on this one but a 4.6ltr Mazda is still a 4 cyl so......
I think B3's Civilian was a 6 cyl and he said it had a ton of torque and would go nearly any where.
Think the 4.2 is a turbo too.
Maybe that's where the idea for the flying nun came from!!
Wobblybox on wheels
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

dapope wrote:probably, but then I don't know how good a driver she already is!
Bear in mind, all the scratches and dents on our swagman were put there by me. The better half has yet to open her account!
I have driven civilians and coasters, oce you get your head around the length, they are car like to pedal. I am sure there are owners on here who would back me on this
Lesley wheels that Cruiser around just fine, and that's close on a truck, even did a bit of firewood collecting with it while at Muckingup as far as I remember ;) :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

I hate the LC with a passion...yes, it is like driving a truck, not that I ever have. Dave told me I passed the 4WD driving course but that may have been his relief at getting back to camp in one piece. I know I was relieved!
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Bugger Terry, thanks for reminding me about the dint I put next to the windscreen but it really wasn't my fault. Blame the buggers with the weeny vehicles!
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
dapope

Post by dapope »

Swisslulu wrote:I hate the LC with a passion...yes, it is like driving a truck, not that I ever have. Dave told me I passed the 4WD driving course but that may have been his relief at getting back to camp in one piece. I know I was relieved!
You probably would hate the civvy then!!
We both enjoy the swaggie to drive, although side winds can make life interesting, and it does wander a little, compared to many cars. Not as badly as the old jaguar I had though, that was like navigating a boat along the road!
Wobblybox on wheels