Miles from Utah

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
grizzzman

Miles from Utah

Post by grizzzman »

Hi all
Looking forward meeting you and learning to how you all boondock downunder 8-)
2019 F150 Ecoboost SuperCrew
2016 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S Trailer
640 Watts solar ElectroDacus SBMS0 3 DSSR20 (TS60 backup)
150 AH Lifepo4 3P4S 208AH CG2 hybrid system
Boondocking is my game
"If you are not learning, you are dying"
Dot

Re: Miles from Utah

Post by Dot »

G'day mate and welcome, how about you have another common name so we can say hi Fred cuz Grizzman sounds like you are a bear :) (which I love) so you shall be ok. Any pics of your rig you would like to share with us here. Where did the term "boondocking" come from? we say free camping and that is self explanatory. Seeing as you are the latest to join here I hope you have a good sense of humour as it will be your turn to be gently picked upon till the next one joins. In the meantime enjoy :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
grizzzman

Post by grizzzman »

Hi ya Dot! Well here is the layout of my "Caravan" http://www.forestriverinc.com/product-d ... D=914#Main
Boondock comes from the word bundok a Philippine word referring to rural inland areas, which are usually mountainous and difficult to access.
The term has evolved into American slang used to refer to the countryside or any implicitly isolated rural/wilderness area, regardless of topography or vegetation. Similar slang or colloquial words are "the sticks", "the wops", "the chodes", "the backblocks", or "Woop Woop" in Australia.

No worries about being teased. I have thick skin and I know how to put my big boy pants on when needed :lol:
2019 F150 Ecoboost SuperCrew
2016 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S Trailer
640 Watts solar ElectroDacus SBMS0 3 DSSR20 (TS60 backup)
150 AH Lifepo4 3P4S 208AH CG2 hybrid system
Boondocking is my game
"If you are not learning, you are dying"
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hi yu Mr Grizzman,
thanks for the explanation of boondocking, :) Do you get out woop woop very much and if so do you have solar, genny etc. Glad you have a thick skin it does come in handy here :) the others shall be around soon so get ready, they aren't a bad bunch . Have you been to Australia at all? Please don't say you have a JEEP...:)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Wilbor

Post by Wilbor »

I had a look at your van layout, looks very nice. I thought that it is a lot of weight for a single axel though :shock:
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Why I Like Being On Road - Too
Dot

Post by Dot »

Wilbor wrote:I had a look at your van layout, looks very nice. I thought that it is a lot of weight for a single axel though :shock:

That's what you said about me :lol: :lol:
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Welcome yank, are you still cruising in Disney land, or Aus.

Dot, there's a song called "down in the boondocks" out of the 60s or 70's, it's running through my head at the moment and miraculously I can remember the entire boring song, Maybe that's because we played it a few times way way back, If I remember correctly, the singer was called Billie someone.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Billy Joe Royal was his name and I also remember it well, I think he died in the mid 80's. Down in the boon docks, down in the boon docks people put me down cuz that's the side I was born in. :) :) :)
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Yep that's his name, think it was the only hit he had down here. "I love her she loves me we don't care for society, etc. Funny how such moronic songs can stick in ones mind, put that down the melody they use.
Dot

Post by Dot »

The good old days hey? But those lyrics appear to make the Boon docks sound like the "wrong side of town" like Broadmeadows (Melb) Elizabeth (SA) etc