New face.

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
pomme

New face.

Post by pomme »

Good morning,
I have lived in the central goldfields area for more than thirty years, still classified as a newcomer in the region.
Retired now from hospital work after first starting in my trade training at the tender age of eighteen.
I drive a ranger 4x4 pulling a twenty foot caravan around the country with my wife of many years.
next trip to Darwin then down the Gibb river road.
Pomme.
Dot

Re: New face.

Post by Dot »

Good morning and welcome Mr & Mrs Pomme enjoy your travels and settle in here it is a nice place. :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Welcome to the forum Pomme.
Glad you decided to join us ... the more the merrier!!
8-) :P
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Welcome to the forum Pomme and wife. Was the new face a retirement gift after a life time of service in the hospital? Do you think it was more useful than a gold watch? Which gold fields have you lived in for 30 yrs? I'm guessing WA but I think each state still has at least one

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Welcome to the Forum Pomme. We are all a little offbeat here from time to time. When you get a chance edit your profile and put up a few pics of your rig.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Vic or were gold field ⛺️
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
pomme

Post by pomme »

Apology for that i knew where i was from !!! and assumed everyone else would know, central Victoria, if you drew a line from Ballarat to Bendigo,
then another line from St Arnaud to Maryborough and i would be somewhere near there on an acreage.
One of the first things i had made up when we arrived was to have several large dams dug, now the wife wants me to beautify around them planting trees and the such.
Pomme.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Wow! Sounds like a good place to have a gathering? lol
Are the dams in black mud suitable for yabbies?
Do you have power connected or are you self sufficient?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Some where near Muckleford Pommie? We had a get together there at the station a few yrs back and a ride on the train from there to Castlemaine and back to Maldon. Brian (Homeless) was a member of the goldfield railway group at the time but no idea if he is still a member there or not.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
pomme

Post by pomme »

Hi BruceS,
The main dam which is approx three to four acres has a bottom of red clay right down to the reef, when it was first dug went down thirty feet.
No yabbies because soon after it was dug i put a lot of fish in it, (Yellow belly, and Murray cod) and they keep the yabbies down.
there is a few blue yabbies in one of the other smaller dams but not many.
Power on with generator back up, and solar, water to mains and several tanks for drinking.
Ps, a few trout also put in the main dam.
Pomme.

Add on in answer to T1 Terry, about one hundred k's west of Muckleford Terry much drier country here. Pomme