Hi, just come onboard!

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
Eskymo

Hi, just come onboard!

Post by Eskymo »

A quick note to intro ourselves. Rob n Sue, just sold everything we owned and now happy owners of a 2014 Jeep GC Overland and a New Jurgens Lunagazer. Speaking of which, I have it pulled apart, installing wiring for 600w of Flexi solar, Easysolar INV/chg/ mppt, 300ah of Winston lifepO4 cells, BMV702 etc etc. Looking forward to enjoying life on the road for awhile :D
Dot

Re: Hi, just come onboard!

Post by Dot »

Welcome Rob & Sue, I see you have a Jeep :roll: never mind you are still welcome. Do you have any pictures of your brand new set up to show us and when are you heading off and to where?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Eskymo

Post by Eskymo »

Thanks Dot! Dang! Shouldn't have mentioned the Jeep! :lol: As soon as I finish all the work at hand, I'll post some pics. Our first leg will be down to Melbourne to see my best mate ( our son), then across to southern W.A. After that, we'll just see where the er...Jeep points 8-)
Lance

Post by Lance »

Gooday Rob n Sue, welcome to OZeRVnews.
Some very clever ppl her to help with all your queries on RVs, and travelling in general.
There does seem to be a bit of an emphasis on RV electrics but we all need to know about that and understand it to suit our own particular situation.
Don't let it scare you 8-)

Jump in when ever you have a comment to make or a question to ask, they are very accommodation here. ;)

Hey, where are you located (roughly), p'raps stick it in your Profile for future reference, ours, not yours. you know where you live. :roll:
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
Dot

Post by Dot »

Yeah the Jeep confession did it so that has to show you have a sense of humour :lol: Heading to Melb at this time of the year you really do have a "warped" sense of humour :lol: You will love WA we have been there twice but this year we are heading up the middle then the decision Left or right but I think it may be right this time. Don't worry about little Lance he is a tad short on some things I could see you are in Gatton. BTW we do tend to pick on new comers and come to think of it we also pick on the old ones as well so just get into it.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Welcome to the forum Rob & Sue!!
Enjoy your time here & please feel free to participate.
You might be interested in creating your own section in our photo section? Makes it easier for friends & relatives to see what you are up to!!
http://www.ozervnews.com/gallery/
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Welcome Rob & Sue, from the Gatton area I see, wonder if you know Madiesmum (Anne-Marie) who lives/lived up that way, she hasn't been on here for ages. Tell us about you planned 300Ah Li install, do you have the cells yet? I think we have already chatted about the semi flexible panel install but it would be good to share that with the members here as well.

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
VicA

Post by VicA »

Look out Dotty ....reinforcements on the way ......there is a another jeep not shown in this pic ...
Vic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eskymo

Post by Eskymo »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:42 am Welcome Rob & Sue, from the Gatton area I see, wonder if you know Madiesmum (Anne-Marie) who lives/lived up that way, she hasn't been on here for ages. Tell us about you planned 300Ah Li install, do you have the cells yet? I think we have already chatted about the semi flexible panel install but it would be good to share that with the members here as well.

T1 Terry & Margaret
Hey Terry! Yup, you kindly introduced me to this forum, and told me about the current way to hold the panels down instead of glueing. Using the plate/stud method thru the eyelet holes is genius. 8-) I bought the winston cells from Trevor up north about 3 months ago. They've been sitting in the shed waiting for a van to go into! Now, I'm in the process of installing everything. I have the solar wiring done.(with the Jurgens vans, its simple as no wiring is inside walls etc.) I have the Easysolar unit in a ventilated cabinet close to the underseat battery compartment.(also ventilated) I replaced the fridge wiring with bigger cable, including the run to the tug. Now, in the process of making up a distribution board with all the 12v circuits, isolation switch, fuses, latching relays,(still scratching my head trying to work the relay part out). The board will sit next to the battery pack. I have the BMV702 mounted above the fridge so it's easy to monitor. The cellog8 will go onto the dist. board. The only disappointment so far is finding that the easysolar has no passthru, it has to be on for even the shore power to work. The good part is that it can share shore/battery power if needed. So far, so good. :) btw, haven't met madiesmum yet :)
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Yes ann sold big red the hino and bought a small caravan for the time been ok :D
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini