Just joined

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
Greynomad

Re: Just joined

Post by Greynomad »

Bolwell Nagari!!!
Drool, drool...
My dream-car of (much) past years... along with the Volvo P1800ES: sleekest "station-wagon" ever designed (actually a squarish-backed hatchback... but who's quibbling?)!!
Couldn't afford the engine, let alone the kit! :cry:
Dad was a mechanic, so I thought he might help. Offered hours, but no ££££ (as it was then). :cry:
Piccies please!!!
:oops: :oops:
That'll teach me to skip to the last page!!
Luvverly unit. Why didn't you re-spray it red? ... It'd go faster!
:lol: :lol:
Have you any close-ups, &/or detail shots of the interior?
Re: Reverse Air-Dam...
I know in the early 1960s NASA came up with the NART duct, used on some Ferrari models of about then, and on the Bathurst A9Xs. Still used.
And the reverse air-dam is simply a device to create a low-pressure area to suck more air into the engine bay. Some of them were double-skinned with a flat interior and just gasketted holes for the Holley throats. Clever. And very effective. :D
In-laws lived in Dromana. Used to pass the Bolwell factory every visit. Occasionally they had visits from people who had bought their kits, showing off the finished vehicles as well as occasional earlier models, maybe looking for parts??? Saw one very sad looking Mk 6(?) which looked like it had picked a high-speed argument with the rear of a bulldozer. :(
Always slowed down & had a rubberneck. ;)
I believe they went into making moulded fibreglass play equipment...
Still around? In-laws passed away quite some years ago, and have been to Dromana only once since, along a new freeway which bypassed Mordialloc. :(
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Mrbolly

Post by Mrbolly »

Greynomad wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:24 pm Bolwell Nagari!!!
Drool, drool...
My dream-car of (much) past years... along with the Volvo P1800ES: sleekest "station-wagon" ever designed (actually a squarish-backed hatchback... but who's quibbling?)!!
Couldn't afford the engine, let alone the kit! :cry:
Dad was a mechanic, so I thought he might help. Offered hours, but no ££££ (as it was then). :cry:
Piccies please!!!
:oops: :oops:
That'll teach me to skip to the last page!!
Luvverly unit. Why didn't you re-spray it red? ... It'd go faster!
:lol: :lol:
Have you any close-ups, &/or detail shots of the interior?
Re: Reverse Air-Dam...
I know in the early 1960s NASA came up with the NART duct, used on some Ferrari models of about then, and on the Bathurst A9Xs. Still used.
And the reverse air-dam is simply a device to create a low-pressure area to suck more air into the engine bay. Some of them were double-skinned with a flat interior and just gasketted holes for the Holley throats. Clever. And very effective. :D
In-laws lived in Dromana. Used to pass the Bolwell factory every visit. Occasionally they had visits from people who had bought their kits, showing off the finished vehicles as well as occasional earlier models, maybe looking for parts??? Saw one very sad looking Mk 6(?) which looked like it had picked a high-speed argument with the rear of a bulldozer. :(
Always slowed down & had a rubberneck. ;)
I believe they went into making moulded fibreglass play equipment...
Still around? In-laws passed away quite some years ago, and have been to Dromana only once since, along a new freeway which bypassed Mordialloc. :(
Hi Ray,

Yes, Bolwell are still very much a going concern. In fact you probably see a Bolwell product every day, they make make all of the fibreglass cabins and bonnets for Kenworth trucks and bonnets for others. They also make camper vans and sell them under their own name. Over the years they have made lots of diverse products including blades for those abominably ugly wind mills they call wind generators, but let's not go there.

Yes, I understood the pounds issue. While there were some kits sold for the Nagari, they were predominantly a production motor car and in its day the car was about 2 1/2 times the cost of an XY GT. All of the previous models were kits and identified only with a MK number. The Mk 8 or Nagari was the first to have a name as well.

Bolwell are producing a modern day Nagari 300 and there is also a new model in the offing.

I have owned two Nagari cars, both blue though.
IMG_1257.JPG
IMG_1256.JPG
IMG_1255.JPG
I'll have to find some interior pics later.

The original bonnet bulge was much smaller than the one on my car, originally the bulge made provision for the car by and an air filter. On mine the bulge was e tended towards the front which allowed me to duct cold air from in front of the radiator director the throttle body. It is a lot bigger than the original but as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

I'll have a search for some interior shots and post the later

Cheers for now, Alan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Who said it would never go?
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Your car is cute Alan. That will cause some groans. Cute!? :lol:
Mrbolly

Post by Mrbolly »

GoinBush wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:02 pm Your car is cute Alan. That will cause some groans. Cute!? :lol:
Thanks
Who said it would never go?