Just joined

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
Mrbolly

Re: Just joined

Post by Mrbolly »

BruceS wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:38 am Can't you sleep Ray?
Are you having trouble posting an image Alan?
Do you get a reason why it won't go thru?

What colour is yours?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolwell_N ... 41560).jpg
Yes Bruce,
I get nothing other than it adds a few letters at the bottom of the message. Perhaps it is because I am using an iPad and not a computer?

My Nagari is blue.

Okay, followed that through but it says the file is too large, so I need to do something about shrinking them

I'll try again here.

Last edited by Mrbolly on Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who said it would never go?
Mrbolly

Post by Mrbolly »

T1 Terry wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:09 pm
Mrbolly wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:09 am
Greynomad wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:23 am

Hey Alan,
Wanna give us some details on the hobby car? There are others of us here who are also petrol-heads... ;)
Yes, but most will not be familiar with the make and model of the car because it is an Australian car from the early 1970's, it is a Bolwell Nagari which is a two seater sports coupe. It is powered by a Ford Windsor V8 @ 396 cu.in. Because there is no replacement for displacement! In a car that weighs 1100kgs.

Worked on a few of these in a previous life when I had the dyno tuning workshop back in Wollongong. There was also a kit car that used a Holden 6 cyl but I'm not sure if it was a Bolwell maybe Mk5 or one of the other kit makers that were around in the same period when Aust actually produced sports cars. The Mk10 was something special but too far ahead of its time I think and the price tag as always scared a lot of people off.

T1 Terry
Yes the Mk5 was six cylinder Holden as too was the Mk7. The Mk7 was the forerunner to the Nagari which was the first Bolwell to have a model name in lieu of the Mk designator.

Bolwell retired hurt from car manufacture in late 1974 becue of the new crash test requirement for ADR approval. They had nother flirtation in 1978 with 13 Ikaras but these were more or less to demonstrate their capabilities in the area of composites.
They released a new Nagari with a Toyota V6 engine and transmission a few years ago but have sold too many of these.

I wish I could work out this photo thing.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Hi Alan, make sure you click on full editor and preview then click the tab in blue named 'attachments' , then click add files, then click 'photos'.
Hope this helps :D
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

IMG_2373.JPG

Just testing. Then click 'place inline'.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Here is the latest Bolwell Nagari 300 specs

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Mrbolly

Post by Mrbolly »

IMG_1242.JPG
GoinBush wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:14 pm IMG_2373.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Mrbolly wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:42 pm IMG_1242.JPG

The reverse air dam similar to the A9X Torana.... so who had the idea first?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Mrbolly

Post by Mrbolly »

T1 Terry wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:52 pm
Mrbolly wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:42 pm IMG_1242.JPG

The reverse air dam similar to the A9X Torana.... so who had the idea first?
The Nagari was first released in 1969, the scoop under the front was all me but similar to the AC Cobra
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The reverse air dam I was referring to is in the bonnet and if the Nagari had it back in '69 it was most definitely copied by Holden for the L34 and A9X as they didn't come out until '75 and the A9X in '77. A well presented unit, with the ford 400 small block under the bonnet it is definitely a rare unit.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Mrbolly

Post by Mrbolly »

T1 Terry wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:56 am The reverse air dam I was referring to is in the bonnet and if the Nagari had it back in '69 it was most definitely copied by Holden for the L34 and A9X as they didn't come out until '75 and the A9X in '77. A well presented unit, with the ford 400 small block under the bonnet it is definitely a rare unit.

T1 Terry
Thanks Terry,

It has been on the road now, since my Reston was completed, for almost 7 years. That photo was taken last year while I was working/living in Esperance. The Tavern is the Grass Patch Tavern and I was taking a Sunday drive up to Noresman to check up on a truck who was doing a delivery to the Noresman Gold mine and for a counter meal at the pub before eating back to town.

Cheers, Alan