Introdution

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
Enginenumber

Introdution

Post by Enginenumber »

Hi there guys,
new, just signed up.
I am into outdoors stuff , plenty of adventure , camping , travel , beaches , hiking ,4wd , off road bikes ,some fishing , used to sail a bit as well.
Been a member of another forum for many years but that is motorcycle related only.
Based in West Oz.

Cheers,
Enginenumber.
bagmaker

Re: Introdution

Post by bagmaker »

Welcome Mr Number
What sort of bike :D
Dot

Post by Dot »

Welcome Mr Enginenumber, Where about in WA are you? there are a few members here from over there. Love WA been there 3 times now. You will find this place so different from lots of other forums that now and again you will think you are in a nut house :) Just jump in when ever you want. enjoy the ride
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Enginenumber

Post by Enginenumber »

Thanks for the welcome,
Husaberg is the motorcycle brand , not a well known or popular brand.
I am Based in Perth.

Cheers,
Enginenumber
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Welcome to the Forum. It's good to see a few more from the West joining and sharing experiences.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Enginenumber wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:53 pm Thanks for the welcome,
Husaberg is the motorcycle brand , not a well known or popular brand.
I am Based in Perth.

Cheers,
Enginenumber
Welcome to the forum. Enduro bike rider, do you use it for competition or just fun? Is it an early model or after KTM took over? We will be over in Perth late July/August (as long as nothing else wrecks our plans) so might see if we can organise a get together with the locals.

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

Pretty well known bike manufacturer, I started with an Ossa SDR, went to the dark side with a few blue japanese things, back to heaven with a handful of Huskies before returning to the dark side prior to stepping off full time. Still own an old yam roadie. Best fun was a postie bike, go figure :roll:
Are you caravanning or motorhoming or aiming?
Enginenumber

Post by Enginenumber »

Hi all,
I see a few bike riders here already!
Yes I remember the old ossa , a guy we trail rode with in my late teens, had one, I remember noise and orange or red colour,ha ha?.

I used to run Honda xr600 many yr ago, then someone gave me a ride on a 2000 fc600 husaberg, that was me sold, no more jap stuff for me. I went straight out and got the equivalent in the enduro model.
I used to race a few enduro, pony express and of couple of desert races years ago , plenty of adventure and trail riding now but.

Have owned fe600 2000 model, a couple of fe550 2004(the first year reliability was so called mastered on the husaberg bikes so to speak) . I now have a 2014 fe501 , last model made, KTM owned the husaberg company, and ceased making the bike in 2014..

I have previously owned an old 20 ft franklin van with full annexe and had a v8 4wd ,towed it up east coast and got up to Cairns, done the Cape York thing also, that was when I was about 24yr old. Great memories and experiences back then. So loaded up , had bike , tools and equipment , ute was nearly on the bump stops before hooking up the van also.

I have a 4wd van now, simple and easy, and use that as a camping /touring platform , take my bike or boat and lots of other stuff. I have previously done 2 trips to Tassie 6-8 yr ago , sent van over on truck ,and lived out of it for 3month at a time.

Other time purchased a broken down hi ace van( ex plumbers) , done mechanical work and tidy up , got it licenced and used that, sold it at end of trip around tassie. Done plenty of hiking , kayaked rivers , fishing , 4wd and dirt biking down there and tourist stuff.

2015 went to Esperance and spent 44 day on the remote beaches down there fishing ,camping,4wd and bikes again. Only 2 trips to town for supplies. Had a small boat down there and fished as well.

Every second weekend I am out bush camping , riding and so forth. One day , would like to get to Darwin and surrounding areas , if I can get myself organised at some stage. At the moment just upgrading a few things , making some changes to make life easier whilst away.

Enginenumber? strange user name you ask, well, I have been a forum member of about 10-15yr on another site , specific to the motorbike brand husaberg, its a world wide group of people who have that one common ground and interest. Years ago people were sceptical about privacy and hiding names and so forth from scammers and the like on forums. So they created names- Spanner,Wheelie2 ,Pistnbroke,Carbi , Bushmechanic and so forth, so I had a registered bike which had a compliance plate and engine number, and now I used the same name , easy for me to remember for here..

Being based in the Perth area, time/work commitments permits, I can certainly catch up for a meet n great at some stage.

Cheers,
Engine number
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Welcome engine number. I started on bikes with a matchless 500 twin, moved to a Daytona chopper and a bonneville chopper. Raced a kwaka 500 2 stroke a few times and then got into a souped up honda 750, bored to 820, which could take on kwaka 900's with ease until long straights, but was bit uncontrollable as the frame flexed so much under acceleration, until put a dunstal frame on it, then it just ripped. From there had a yammie 1100 outfit and yammie 500 twin chopper, but after going under a truck on a major highway on the chopper, when it decided to stop and back across the highway, thought it was time to give up road bikes. Since have run round on a 500 yammie off road single that has so much grunt it can scare you and gets me through the bush in a flash.

Last big ride was from Broken hill, Camerons corner, Innamincka to birdsville, which was a hell of a ride.
justgarbage

Post by justgarbage »

"Bonneville Chopper" :o

Some things on two wheels are sacred!