Introducing Maurice . . .

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
MauriceR

Re: Introducing Maurice . . .

Post by MauriceR »

Thanks 4 this, good & valuable info, would like to talk more , r u in Melb
if u want give me a call on 0448 2468 98.
cheers, Maurice :)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I'm in Mannum SA with a huge man-shed my wife likes to think is her business workshop :lol: I've been trying to workout how long I've owner our Kombi and I'm thinking it must be close to 20yrs now. Since I've owned it it has been 3 times round the clock, from what I've been able to trace back it seems 5 times before I bought it, so over 800,000km on the old girl now, but it could be 900,000km because it did twice around the block in its early days but not a lot of info on that part.
If left the Australian factory as a Camper, there is a number in the compliance plate code that identifies how it started life. Very handy when trying to register interstate with a pop-up camper roof because without that factory ID you need an engineers certificate for the roof modification. The original seat converting to a bed and associated vinyl cushions and the pop-top slat bed were all still in our Kombi when we bought it, but it has all gone someplace when we packed up for the move from Lake Illawarra NSW to here a few yrs ago. The original bed hinge set up would never pass engineering these days, but because it was legal when it was built it gets through, crazy really but there ya go :lol:
You can still buy every part to rebuild a bay Kombi, if you were rich enough you could actually build one from parts, you would just need a wreck for the body number.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
MauriceR

Post by MauriceR »

Hello Terry, Thanks for the mail & info. Appreciated, Maurice :)