A couple of newbies...

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
2Smiths

A couple of newbies...

Post by 2Smiths »

Hi all,
My and I (both very early 50s) are looking to have something of a tree change next year. We're looking to pack up/sell/store most of our gear, and grab a motor home (most likely a bus conversion - we are already looking at a few, see post about inspections etc. elsewhere).

We're in Canberra currently, but would like to escape the place (and its winters) and see as much of Oz while we can...So will be looking for advice here about a variety of things "RV" related...

Our "bent" is more long-term travelling and free-camping, rather than the occasional trip straight to a CV and park up for a few weeks.

Cheers,

Michael (and Irma)
"It is better to have and not need, than to need and not have..."

This gives a clue as to how I'll pack, and the rig I'll need :oops:
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: A couple of newbies...

Post by T1 Terry »

Hi Michael and Irma and welcome to the forum. I was in the Canberra area just last week end so I know what you mean about cold and wet.
You are probably better to hire a motorhome to see what size suits you best, not everyone can handle living in a small vehicle and not everyone can handle the hassles finding some where to park a large motorhome or the dramas when you take a wrong turn and can't turn around. Reversing up a narrow road with cars parked up each side should be the same as driving in, but it never works out quite that way :twisted: add a trailer and you are in deep trouble .... so best to try before you buy.

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Welcome Michael & Irma to the best little forum around. Any furbabies to welcome?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
2Smiths

Post by 2Smiths »

Thanks for the welcomes. We have a cat, but he does not travel well, so we'll (regrettably) have to re-home him when we start travelling :(

I read about your issues in browsing 'round the forum, Dot. Hope things are going well for you on that front...?
"It is better to have and not need, than to need and not have..."

This gives a clue as to how I'll pack, and the rig I'll need :oops:
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Welcome again folks! Happy for you to ask any questions you feel like.
It does help having those that have trodden the road before you and understand the pitfalls.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Great age to start your adventure, welcome you'll get plenty of advice & laughs on this forum.
Shirley & Bruce.