Introducing Mick and Tracey

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
Mickconnolly

Introducing Mick and Tracey

Post by Mickconnolly »

Hi all
Just heard about this forum from a mate and here we are. We “live” in our motorhome for the last 2 years and have travelled mainly in the northern and western half of this wide brown land! This year is the eastern islands turn to get travelled upon.
Of late we are from the Mornington Peninsula but I originally did my own travelling migrating from Ireland in ‘85. Trace is born and bred in the Illawarra.
Our mode of transport is both a 2007 Winnebago Alpine and a 2008 Prius. Both have done us proud and we pat them regularly and tell them what a good job they are doing!

Us, we are in our mid and late 50’s, both having done the corporate thing for too many years and waking up from that lifestyle about 4 years ago. Health played its part in waking us up. Tracey’s background is in Audit and Investigation and I’m originally trained as an engineer but spent most of my working life as a project manager.

Two people very happy with the current state of life!

Hope to forum chat with you soon.

Mick
Mick and Trace living the good life!
Winnebago Alpine 2007
Dot

Re: Introducing Mick and Tracey

Post by Dot »

And a very warm welcome to you both Mick & Tracey. Might catch up some time somewhere. :D Are we able to do the occasional Irish Jokes???? ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Welcome from me as well Mick & Tracey!!
Sorry about the problems getting here but we'll make it enjoyable.
Sounds like you have a Prius mate on here as well!
Terry (T1) will no doubt pop in tomorrow and fire off some Q's at you!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

It's a g'day from me too... :)

vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Mickconnolly

Post by Mickconnolly »

BruceS wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:53 pm Welcome from me as well Mick & Tracey!!
Sorry about the problems getting here but we'll make it enjoyable.
Sounds like you have a Prius mate on here as well!
Terry (T1) will no doubt pop in tomorrow and fire off some Q's at you!
Hi Bruce, saw Terry this week for a coffee as we were passing through Mannum. He put me in to this forum. As usual Margaret and Terry were great company.
I remember years back on some other forum somewhere that you were looking at electrifying your houseboat, heard you did it too!!

One of my interests is in marine propulsion for sailing boats. The tech is well andvtruely here from the propeller back to the batteries but the other side of the batteries in terms of generation is still problematic on a sail boat. Anyway would love to chat some time about it.

Terry’s Prius has a few more 1000ks in it that ours...try 5000kms more!!! But you know, electric vehicles are yet to be proven😆

Take care and chat soon.

Mick
Mick and Trace living the good life!
Winnebago Alpine 2007
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Welcome Mick & Tracey,
Your quote "One of my interests is in marine propulsion for sailing boats."
I thought that was WIND??????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

PeterH
PeterH
2Smiths

Post by 2Smiths »

Mickconnolly wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:05 pm Hi all
Just heard about this forum from a mate and here we are. We “live” in our motorhome for the last 2 years and have travelled mainly in the northern and western half of this wide brown land! This year is the eastern islands turn to get travelled upon.
Of late we are from the Mornington Peninsula but I originally did my own travelling migrating from Ireland in ‘85. Trace is born and bred in the Illawarra.
Our mode of transport is both a 2007 Winnebago Alpine and a 2008 Prius. Both have done us proud and we pat them regularly and tell them what a good job they are doing!

Us, we are in our mid and late 50’s, both having done the corporate thing for too many years and waking up from that lifestyle about 4 years ago. Health played its part in waking us up. Tracey’s background is in Audit and Investigation and I’m originally trained as an engineer but spent most of my working life as a project manager.

Two people very happy with the current state of life!

Hope to forum chat with you soon.

Mick
HI Mick (and Tracey),

Firstly, welcome to the forums. The bit in bold that I've quoted really resonated with me! Irma and I are going through the same "waking up" experience right now - also in our early 50s. Have my eye on a rig, and am already beginning to "bring things together", for a planned start to our adventures early next year. Oddly enough, I too am in Project Management (albeit IT). Good money, but - I guess like you did - we're really starting to wonder "Is making money all there is to life?" (The answer, so we're discovering, is no!)

Hopefully, we'll see you somewhere "out there". If things go according to plan, we'll be in a converted bus 11-12 metres) towing a small 4WD in a trailer.
"It is better to have and not need, than to need and not have..."

This gives a clue as to how I'll pack, and the rig I'll need :oops:
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Hi Mike & Tracey, glad to see you made it here and hopefully you will find this forum quite a bit different to the others .... one thing is I'm part of the admin team so it's less likely I'll get banned from here :lol:
Do you trailer your Prius or have you mastered a method of flat towing it?

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Terry, Tracey drives the Prius as an advance scout while Mick drives the MH.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Newcastle George wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:16 am Terry, Tracey drives the Prius as an advance scout while Mick drives the MH.

George
Ah, I'm looking at a way to convert the front hubs on our Prius to free wheeling hubs but If Mick had already mastered that issue it would have saved me a heap of re-engineering.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO