Garage Reno...... (Ros & Ivan)

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
Ros20549

Re: Garage Reno...... (Ros & Ivan)

Post by Ros20549 »

Thanks Terry He had to think about it for a while but is very happy how it all worked out....
Most people spend their healthy years trying to be wealthy, only to spend their wealthy years trying to be healthy....
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Ros I'd sack that builder if it was me!!!
8-) :!: ;)
So is the door too short to go right down or even if it was long enough would the drawbar still be too long?
Be a good place for cats to camp overnight!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Ros20549

Post by Ros20549 »

Hi Bruce both of the above ;) door too short to expensive to replace at present gong to repaint the whole house in about 12 months so will replace with a new door then, and also the draw bar is just a tad to long but we knew this when we started...we miss out by about 10inches... He still has to make up a bit that will fit under the door and around the draw bar if that makes sense, no problems about the cats we have a dog.... :o This was the best we could do without completely rebuilding the shed which we had done only about 4 years ago to take the other van we had, at that stage we had no intention of upgrading, but things change :lol: :lol: So guess I had better keep the builder as I have a few other things around the house that I need him to do.. :)
Last edited by Ros20549 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most people spend their healthy years trying to be wealthy, only to spend their wealthy years trying to be healthy....
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Oh no!
We have relatives in Bendigo that had the same length problem & they have a flat driveway.
They only have a 16' pop-top caravan so pretty light but they unhook it & sit the front on a jockey wheel.
They spin it around & push it in forwards (drawbar first).
They only had to construct a little "dogbox" in the back wall for the towbar to stick in.
If you did that it'd be hard to access the van in the garage though.
Ask Ivan how long the actual door material is because I've got some here the same colour I reckon. Would match up nicely.
It follows contours nicely so you could make a snake-track up that fits outside the towbar? A little bit like a roll-a-door on a desk? (or a bread bin?)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Ros20549

Post by Ros20549 »

Hi Bruce.. Yep our neighbors have to drive their van up the driveway unhook the car put it on the back lawn then push their van in the shed so their draw bar goes out the back wall where he made a hole, he also has to take the wheels off and put little one's on to get it under their carport,takes them ages, Thanks for the offer of the material but he has already purchased a piece of sheeting in the same colour to do the job, but your idea sounds good...

Cheers Ros.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Nice one Ivan, Ros if you gave the door a good iron those wrinkles may come out and then the door will be the right size.. :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Now just gotta cut out the door so it drops down around the "A" frame :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855