Making a concrete mould

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
Dot

Re: Making a concrete mould

Post by Dot »

What about those things they use when pouring concrete onto the wire rods, could they be used?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

generdawg wrote:If these are for the nature strip why not just put down two dual wheel widths? Will you need to get council approval?............................
................Covering the whole internal yard would be a great way to eliminate the lawn mowing, but not much fun for Bandit. :(
Brad, I want to do the nature strip, just the end where we did your roof. But I wasn't planning on telling the council.

Bruce, That is the info I was looking for. Looks like I will have to break out the welder. I would only make one mould and probably only make one block per day. This project has been on the go/back burner for over 6 months so a bit longer won't hurt. :roll:

Thanks everyone for their input.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
PandJ R away

Post by PandJ R away »

David

This is not exactly what you were looking for but may provide an alternative.
http://www.boddingtons.com.au/grass-rei ... -paver.htm
http://www.permathene.com.au/index.php? ... pgod5UcAqQ
http://www.grasscel.com.au/
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cronulla ... 1022190304

I used those concrete block type in Sydney years ago for a path to the clothes line. I wasn't really happy with the results we didn't have a vigorous grass like couch etc. as we do up here though.

John
Based on Sunshine Coast QLD with a '92 Toyota Coaster LWB and a 1990 Hilux fitted with an Aussie Traveller Deluxe rooftop.
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

Hey Dave

Does this mean that the special purpose built "bus" port is giving way to make room for the Roller and the Suzzy? 8-)
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

generdawg wrote:Hey Dave
Does this mean that the special purpose built "bus" port is giving way to make room for the Roller and the Suzzy? 8-)
Nah, the bus port stays, I'm just sick of the work van disappearing into the nature strip every time we have some rain. And when mates with Coaster sized buses turn up they can safely park off-road. :)
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I layed bricks on their side where the work truck wheel ran up out front lawn, a layer of gravel dust in the bottom of the hole to act as a foundation, dug out the top grass sections in blocks like turf and layed them back over the bricks. It worked fine until Brian's "shed" was park over it for 12 mths, the grass was still only just coming back, now the Mazda has developed a diesel leak somewhere around the fuel tank and big areas of dead grass are returning :roll:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I suppose that I could probably do something like that reasonably easily, I just wanted to use up what I have probably a bit more than half of what I need for the job. And then IF the council makes me remove it then it won't have cost too much. Currently we have the worst nature strip in the street and I was hoping to do away with the mud puddle/ dust bowl grassless area.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
Dot

Post by Dot »

Kill the weeds off, put road base down and top it off with gravel. :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Dot wrote:Kill the weeds off, put road base down and top it off with gravel. :D
That's what started the problem in the first place Dot. A couple of years ago I had 2 metres of crusher dust delivered, as a base for all my pavers around the house. Turned it all into a dustbowl
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
Dot

Post by Dot »

Wrong dust David, not crushed nuts. :lol: There is road base and road base by the sound of things, the stuff we used is a orange/yellowish colour and it has small stones in it as well. Compacts down really well ,then if you want to make it pretty top it off with gravel. Our stuff doesn't get dusty either.