Safe Wash, the real thing or a gimick?

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Safe Wash, the real thing or a gimick?

Post by T1 Terry »

What do members think, is this the real thing or a gimmick? There is a lot of nonsense blowhard stuff in the text but the fact it runs on 12v caught my attention. Would it be any good to fit up in the motorhome?

http://www.importerdeals.com/safe-wash.html This is the blurb that's on the site, there is a video as well that I haven't watch yet, I have a thing about salesman talk :twisted:

Everyone does laundry, but only a few know of the costs associated with traditional washing. It is a hidden expense for most families, and the chemicals in your laundry can leach into your skin and wear down your clothes; not to mention the environmental impact of the waste water and disposal of consumer containers.

Without hot water and with no detergent, SafeWash puts the technology of nature to work in the laundry room at home. Based on processes used for over a decade in hospitals, hotels, and laundromats, cold water is infused with oxygen, peroxides, and other gases to bubble and lift dirt and grime from cloth fibers, leaving towels softer and fluffier, and clothes brighter and cleaner.

Plus, every load helps save energy and money. Reducing or eliminating detergent means less residue and abrasives to weigh down and wear out fabrics, and of course, less detergent to buy. Washing in cold water reduces the weekly demand on the household water heater and the energy bill.

Benefits:

- Eliminates the need for detergent* - Oxygen, peroxides, and other gases bubble into clothing to lift dirt and odors.
- Prevent odor-causing bacteria without bleach.
- Help eliminate allergic reactions due to detergent residue.
- Get towels softer and fluffier and help clothes last longe.
- Make whites whiter and colors brighter.
- Protects your home – A fail-safe leak protection circuit will shut off incoming water to the unit.
- Designed with you in mind – designed smaller for easier installation and requires no cleaning to operate at peak performance.
- Friendly to people, the planet and your pocketbook

Features: Dissolved Oxygen Concentration 0.18 mg/L or 0.18 ppm (180 ppb) on average

Technology
Activated Oxygen

Power Consumption
7.5W (standby mode) 25W operating

AC/DC Adaptor
AC in: 100-240V ~50/60 Hz 0.8A DC out: 12V 2.5A

Water Pressure
Minimum 20 psi to 75 psi maximum

Water Temperature
Use cold water only (do not use hot water)

Applications
Residential laundry

Coverage
N/A

Size
18.25 in. wide x 9.375 in. tall x 4.0 in. deep

Weight
7.55 lbs

Warranty
3 year limited warranty
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
idexnz

Re: Safe Wash, the real thing or a gimick?

Post by idexnz »

I think you'd get the same result by using Sod. percarbonate (as generic laundry soaker) in a bucket of cold water and it would work out to be a fraction of the cost.
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

That's what I use in my wash.
PeterH
PeterH
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Watched part of the video.
Looks like typical :? Yankee B***S**t to me...
8-) 8-)
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

pet-els wrote:That's what I use in my wash.
PeterH
One of these gadgets or sodium percarbonate?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Sodium percarbonate

PeterH
PeterH