Home solar

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
BernieQ2

Home solar

Post by BernieQ2 »

Today after 3 months of negotiations our solar system is now installed.
We have a 3000kw system ie: 12 panels.
The buggars must have done something wrong the meter is running backward (haha).
Cost installed $3365,00. would have been cheaper except they had to replace two main switches to conform to regs.
We should save heaps our quarterly bill is around $300.
Bernie.
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Home solar

Post by BruceS »

Wonderful Bernie!
Does that mean I can plug in free when I lob in at your place?
Be like a chap I know in Kingston........ sits on his stool watching the meter going backwards until his wife fires up the tumble dryer or iron.......... then he flies inside & wants to know why she's chewing up the profits!
Next problem is getting them to forward the cash to you when it's due.
Big problem with some of the companies I've heard. They only wish to "adjust" once a year.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Mate cause you can plug in, unless the meter starts going forward... HEHE
Not in it for the money Bruce just the no bill at the end of each quarter.
Presently 8 cents in Qld... wacko.
Bernie.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Presently 8 cents in Qld... wacko.
Bernie.

Not while the meter is going backwards Bernie, it's around 30c peak period :lol: I bet they're out there like lighting to change the meter over. A word of warning, take a mter reading now, check the meter reading last bill, don't let the meter wid back to the last bill but it can go back about half way between the rading now and the last bill and they will be pissed, but bugger all they can really do about it. If it goes back past the last billing period, the computer will treat it as having gone over 99999999 and started again, a rather large bill that you then have to fight, you aren't actually allowed to let the meter spin backwards.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Yep know that Terry only going backwards till they put the digital meter on.
As a aside [flash A] we read our own meters were we live.
They send a self addressed envelope we read the meters and send it back. Cool A.
Bernie.
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

We just sold our home with a 3Kw system which gave us .55c per kw fed into the grid via AGL. The buyers were somewhat disappointed that they won't get the same rebate. But they will have vastly reduced bills so not all bad. I think we paid about $8K for our system in 2011.
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
RussellB[SA]

Post by RussellB[SA] »

Swisslulu wrote:We just sold our home with a 3Kw system which gave us .55c per kw fed into the grid via AGL. The buyers were somewhat disappointed that they won't get the same rebate. But they will have vastly reduced bills so not all bad. I think we paid about $8K for our system in 2011.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

In SA the feed in tariff is transferable to new owners, check your states feeding tariff rules.

Russell
Russell Barter from South Australia AKA "Death on Wheels"
Mitsubishi Challenger towing a Jurgen 2406 Caravan. Its all about fun with friends travelling our great country.
RussellB[SA]

Post by RussellB[SA] »

Moving house - can I still receive my existing solar feed-in payments at my new address?

You cannot move the solar feed-in tariff you receive to your new address. When you move the tariff will become available to the new occupant of your former address, up to the original SA Power Networks approved peak capacity and assuming the new occupants meet the eligibility criteria.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Russell Barter from South Australia AKA "Death on Wheels"
Mitsubishi Challenger towing a Jurgen 2406 Caravan. Its all about fun with friends travelling our great country.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Its as Lesley said Russell, not transferable in Qld.
Bernie.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Bernie,
Is the Co. wot installed yours a national one?
We've had a quote for a 3500kW system for $9500!
:shock:
Eye-watering, ain't it?
That was from a Major National Company that has lots of TV ads... :? I guess someone has to pay for the TV time... I'd prefer it wasn't me! :evil:
Another local company quoted $4000-odd for the same system... without TV ads included. ;)
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields