Another major event tomorrow night

Any dates & venues of get togethers, Farmer's Markets, Shows, Rally's or other items of interest
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Another major event tomorrow night

Post by T1 Terry » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:57 am

supersparky wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:31 pm
I thought that they were changing cars, similar to what the bikes do now. They did I the last race I watched on Youtube at least. Or is that a different formula of E?
This might have been season 1 or season 2 but now they race on the one charge in the one car so any damage remains throughout the race as does tyre wear
Success isn't measured by who laughs with you
or those laughing at you, it's who gets the last laugh

No one, however smart, however well educated, however experienced,
is the suppository of all wisdom - Tony Abbott

supersparky

Post by supersparky » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:27 pm

T1 Terry wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:57 am
supersparky wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:31 pm
I thought that they were changing cars, similar to what the bikes do now. They did I the last race I watched on Youtube at least. Or is that a different formula of E?
This might have been season 1 or season 2 but now they race on the one charge in the one car so any damage remains throughout the race as does tyre wear
If they could get them to sound like a Cleveland or a small block Chev then I reckon half the world would watch them.
The first night that F1 came to Adelaide way back when, most of the F1 crew guys came up to Speedway park to watch the Sprintcars race on the Friday night, most came back on the Saturday as well.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Every day the BIG day gets closer.

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:40 am

Once any form of motorsport is that far into the blood, any sort of racing is a must watch if it is available. At Bathurst when I was pit crew for a HQ in the support races, both the drivers and pit crew from the main event cars would cram the pit lane wall to watch, not because they wished they could be racing HQ's or the sound they made, they just wanted to watch racing and the HQ guys were absolutely crazy as far as some of the moves they made. After the race the blokes from the various main event teams would spend hrs in the meal tent talking about some of the things they had seen in that HQ race and others when they were part of the support act at other race tracks.
Success isn't measured by who laughs with you
or those laughing at you, it's who gets the last laugh

No one, however smart, however well educated, however experienced,
is the suppository of all wisdom - Tony Abbott