Mannum get together

Any dates & venues of get togethers, Farmer's Markets, Shows, Rally's or other items of interest
Dot

Re: Mannum get together

Post by Dot »

might have had rain but you won't get flooded in or out for days/weeks on end etc etc Hey Terry did Jamie pass on the message?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Hey Terry did Jamie pass on the message?
Yes ;) 8-) :D :lol: Our second dinner night out, first was at the club with Wendy & Gordon, good food but very quiet, prices were ok I guess, tonight it was the Pretoria pub, great company with Bruce and Wendy, Gordon and Wendy, Margaret and myself, great food, probably the best kangaroo medallion steaks I have had todate and quite reasonable with the prices considering the size of the meal and quality, so 2 wins so far. Gordon & Wendy head out in the morning so we will be in this caravan park all on our own, not even the owners are here, very quiet and the only dog friendly caravan park in the area.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

What is it with caravan parks that most don't won't your dog to stay there, but if you camp elsewhere then they whinge their head off? I will never be able to figure that one out.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

supersparky wrote:... I will never be able to figure that one out.
Allow me to enlighten you;

1) First you enroll Bandit in a kennel class for the duration, then
2) you sell your Coaster in order to be cashed up and purchase a family sedan* to travel to your intended destination for which
3) you have pre-booked your cabin at the Claytons Caravan park, where
4) you offload the burden of the cash you acquired for the Coaster accessing all the town excursions displayed in brochures on the front desk which earn a handsome kickback for the cabin park. Upon your return home
5) you are truly relaxed, stress free from your carefree cabin park stay without the concern of maintaining or providing space for that so-called headache of a motorhome.

*airfare to wherever you wish to travel is an alternative option with taxi or airport shuttle transit.

dawg (simples innit?)
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I enrolled Bandit in a Kennel Class once before.
He told me that he didn't like it because they wouldn't let him look out the window and the scenery didn't change anyway.
And the Kennel Class is more expensive than a Caravan Park. So I would have to spend twice as much. Maybe I could sell the Coaster twice. Yeah, that'd work.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

If dogs and cats are not welcome at the c jails then neither are we..
I had a good idea, (to me it could be funny) and no disrespect is intended.
I wanted G to go into all the caravan jails and ask for a site suitable for our size van but a tad out of the way of the other happy inmates, when they asked "why" he was to say that his wife has Tourette's and comes out with some really really inappropriate words at any time of the day and night and in front of anyone inc children. When they all say "there is no room at the inn" (as they would) we would have no choice but to free camp in the nearest suitable spot, Of course you know he wouldn't do this but wouldn't it be a fun thing to try?? I see Martins wife being in for this one????
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Dot wrote: his wife comes out with some really really inappropriate words at any time of the day and night and in front of anyone
You can't get into trouble telling the truth, can you?
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
dapope

Post by dapope »

I know someone who thinks that is really funny....in fact we both laughed. We could have a travelling Tourettes group...
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
Dot

Post by Dot »

dapope wrote:I know someone who thinks that is really funny....in fact we both laughed. We could have a travelling Tourettes group...
Yes a convoy of the free camp supporters, (sounds like the forum gatherings of late :lol: )
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

This little caravan park is up for sale and is dog friendly and I thought about buying it..... then I realised I would be dealing with people who chose to stay at caravan parks rather than free camps...... so I put the idea where it belonged :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO