CMCA Rally

Any dates & venues of get togethers, Farmer's Markets, Shows, Rally's or other items of interest
pet-els

CMCA Rally

Post by pet-els »

Well it's over, Most have left some have moved onto the CP section so they can stay and see Canberra.
I leave in the morning [site has to be empty Monday]. I enjoyed the rally and hope to see you all again in Tasmania [both rally's]. Off to Mannum SA, for some LifePo batteries.

PeterH
PeterH
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: CMCA Rally

Post by BruceS »

Peter make sure you check out which roads are open.
You might need to turn off a few km's out of Yass, go through Harden, Temora ....... turn off at Ardlethan, go to Griffith and come out at Darlington Point.
(unless the road has been opened now)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Yes alot have gone down but look a live traffic n.s.w give you up to date information :D
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Yeah got a few options, but no hurry.

PeterH
PeterH
Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

For those travelling regularly, this site is the best I have found to track road closures, especially as you don't need separate maps for each State.
https://wego.here.com/traffic/explore?m ... 10,traffic
Jon
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Travelled from Canberra to Wagga Wagga, then Narrandera to Grong Grong [Stayed in FC behind the "Royal" hotel, did not like the other FC]. On to Leeton, Griffith, Goolgowi and headed for Hay. Had to drive thru water [~200mm deep] controlled by traffic lights. Balranald to Tooleybuc. No camping at the club [stopped by the shire council] but directed to Reserve opposite. Next stop Ouyen to catch up with Alex & Joy Poole [travelled with them on the Cape York Safari, in their old Bedi, now retired].

PeterH
PeterH
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Not far away now Peter, you missed a really good free camp at Manangatang opposite the pub, there is another at Underbool but you travel a lot further than that each leg, so maybe out to the Pink Lakes? There would be plenty of water in them now I guess.
Apparently they are expecting 1 mtr of water to come down the Murray and it's already swollen so the only camp spot might be Tailem Bend where we camped last time, it would be quite a sight to see that area in full flood, a lot of crops on the other side will get a good watering as I think the water is nearly at the top of the levee banks now. The road between Murray Bridge and Mannum might be interesting with the higher river level as well, apparently they have levels of evacuation plans in place for the Mannum Marina as well. The neighbour tells us the road in front of the house was still above water level in the '56 flood so both the workshop and house will be ok.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Had a call from Peter H, it appears he went bush bashing with the 5ér still attached some where between Lameroo and Tailem Bend and last call he said he was in an ambulance headed for Lameroo hospital, nothing too serious, a cut on the arm but I guess a check up while he's there. He seems to think both the tug and 5ér might be a right off, be sounded fine on the phone and he is going to give me a ring when he's allowed out so I can drive over and get him. Now if they had taken him to Mannum hospital he could have walked here :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Oh No!! Give him our best regards and wish him well when you hear from him please Terry.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

He must have heard about the sweat young nurses that Brian was chatting to so he decided to check them out for himself, gotta watch these single blokes, they'll try anything to get a sweat young girl to hold their hand.