Stone the Crows attendees - 2017

Any dates & venues of get togethers, Farmer's Markets, Shows, Rally's or other items of interest
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Stone the Crows attendees

Post by T1 Terry »

Haven't found Bill and Lesley's site yet although we saw them last night at the show tent, might get a number next time I catch up with Bill. Need to put my hiking boots on to get to Bill & May's bus as we are as far away from the centre as they could get us..... obviously my reputation preceded me :lol:
Everyone I've spoken to so far says they are coming to my first talk on lithium batteries, that will be interesting as they have scheduled it for a tent with seating for around 20 or so, might have to get there early so I can get in :roll: I need to find transport for the batteries etc as well, it's a 2 coffee trip one way from our site to the venue and no way I'm carrying 3 x 120Ah AGM batteries and the demo lithium batteries as well as the solar panels that far, I'd spill my coffee.

It is a big site, supposed to be over 1,000 people here and the show tent last night was packed and the week-end trippers don't arrive to Thursday/Friday so it's gunna be mega full by then. If last night is an example of the talent level it will be a great week, an extremely funny ventriloquist come singer/entertainer by the name of Darren Carr put on at least 2 hrs of non stop entertainment and laughs.
Funny how unplanned site placement works, we are next to people from the Lake Illawarra area and opposite the site where Doug & Jackie will be when they arrive, the people near opposite are good friends of theirs so sited side by side.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

So you got there ok then any hiccups along the way?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Who had bets on? What were the stats? No info until I know who picked the winning combination, you already know when we left, so:
where we stopped over night
what went wrong
when we arrived at STC
3 legs of the trifecta, Dottie is running the book apparently and the neatest correct entry will win the prize Dottie has in mind :lol: There ya go Dottie, the PM's will be running hot now :D

T1 Terry & Margaret from the outer fridges of the '17 STC in Wagga
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Sounds like bring your own chair as well as cofffee :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
bob r

Post by bob r »

Terry wrote from the outer fridges of the 17 STC in Wagga
Is it really that cold down there Terry ?

Bob
Busman

Post by Busman »

8 last night but a bootyfull 24 deg C today
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Where's the trailer Mr Busman?
Busman

Post by Busman »

Trailer is hanging on the hook Jon, I told them I would not take it off so they made a longer site.
It has 1000 watts of solar and 200 ltrs of water so was not going to let that get away. And the washing machine which is doing a load as I type.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Well T1's battery talk was good a full house for it. :geek: :geek:
Great festival, lots of people with uke's but don't know which one is Lance. :?:
One food seller pulled out last night the competition was too great from Ed's Kitchen [was disheartening for them as the line from Ed's went in a big curve in front of their food van]. :x
Graham & Janine's [ACE Coffee van] [HWW] doing great. :D :D
Hwy Wanderers Happy hour was musical [13 musical instruments playing at one time]. 8-)
**** Next years Stone the Crows WILL BE here at the same venue but two days later [so still over Easter]. :)
World championships of Clay Pidgeon Shooting finish on the Tuesday. :roll: :roll:

PeterH
PeterH
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Peter, Easter next year is in March / April.
https://www.wheniseastersunday.com/year/2018/
BruceS
Mannum, SA