Stone the Crows 2019

Any dates & venues of get togethers, Farmer's Markets, Shows, Rally's or other items of interest
supersparky

Re: Stone the Crows 2019

Post by supersparky »

Noggins wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:53 pm I'm back in Melbun for a coupla weeks and was gunna call in on a few as I travelled back to WA
Owing to Acts of God, Freaks of nature and Human stuff up
I'm here a bit later ( by about 3 weeks ) owing to a selection of the above ( choose which ever ) it looks like sum of the peeple I was gunna call in on have all gone to the Crows. :(

Being a now new Sand Groper ( W,Australian - from Victoria) I shoolda expected this as most of 'Em are Crow Eaters ( saff astralains ) but it has upset my itinerary for the return journey :roll:
I mean after all why wouldn't crow eaters go to the crow festival ? :roll:
So as I sorta sulk driving all by myself I can only wish them a good week and safe travels. :lol:

Why don't you see if there is still a spot at Taggerty. It is a bit closer to Melb. than Wagga Wagga. Maybe 1 hr ENE. I put in the double spelling so Bruce didn't feel bad!!!
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Yes, they are here. Arrived 5 minutes before their appointed check in time of 10.30.

Had a good chat and more to come.

Cheers
Lesley
Our blog: http://nussbaumerweb.wordpress.com
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thanks Lesley :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

They are here, arrived on time, Hino performed well. Will be setting up for first session at 1300 hrs today. :shock: :shock: :shock:

PeterH
PeterH
Dot

Post by Dot »

pet-els wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:12 am They are here, arrived on time, Hino performed well. Will be setting up for first session at 1300 hrs today. :shock: :shock: :shock:

PeterH
Come on Peter how much did they have to pay you to say they were on time? :lol: They never have been on time ever :roll:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

There is a first for everything. But they are parked next to the dump point and showers, so everyone can see their new banner on the Hino. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PeterH
PeterH
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Margaret's talk must have gone well, even though I stuffed up the last demo. Poor Erich spent the morning helping me build the 4 x 400Ah parallel battery packs and we tried out a single Victron and shunt on the final pack to verify it was charging at 70 amps and the voltage was stable.
Got to the demo and erich was there again to help load everything up on the stage and onto the tables. Pet-els mate Barry came over with his ute, towed the trailer up there and also helped load everything inside.
The first demo went reasonable well and showed the issues with trying to use 4 x 100Ah batteries in parallel with a difference of 99% SOC remaining in the 3rd and 4th battery in the group, yet the first battery was down to 88% SOC after only a few mins. The majority of the load was being carried by the first battery.
The whole demo was to show that 4 x 100Ah drop in batteries with a limit of a 50 amp max load would not supply the 200 amp load evenly from each battery resulting in a failure of the first battery if it had been one of those 100Ah drop ins that have saturated the market lately.

The second demo was supposed to show that the 400Ah in parallel at 3.2v x 4 packs in parallel would draw the power evenly fropm all 4 batteries. The bit I didn't account for was the first pack being only 3.2v and the Victron requiring a minimum of 6v to turn on :oops: Bugga, so we could put the whole thing up on the big screen like we did for the first demo.
We ran out of time anyway and still didn't cover even half of what we had to say, so maybe next yr we will do a Pt1 and Pt2 talk on lithium batteries.
Margaret got to find out just how exhausting a 1.5hr presentation can be, she required many cool drinks to recover :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

pet-els wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:00 am There is a first for everything. But they are parked next to the dump point and showers, so everyone can see their new banner on the Hino. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PeterH
A site with a Phewww in the morning with the mad rush to empty the black water cassettes. They sure must cr*p a lot, the same faces appear each morning :roll: We do get treated to the fashion show put on by the ladies returning to their rig after their shower, it seems to be a task too great to get fully dressed after the shower, so the range of coverings for the sprint back to the rig are extremely varied :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Now maybe you can take time off to enjoy a couple of days Terry?
All secure at the Mannum Humpy!
Tried watering a bit but crap pressure through those half inch fittings!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA