Thinning out bogus members

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.
Riverlander

Re: Thinning out bogus members

Post by Riverlander »

Hi Bruce. It isn't 100 per cent fail safe. There is a few dodgy members in here :lol:
nut17

Post by nut17 »

Romany Rambler wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:10 pm Hi
I live in a little place called Levin which is approx 100kms north of Wellington NZ.

My rig is a 6.65m Leisureline caravan with a rear bathroom, 170litres fresh and the same size waste water, ASC, Truma heater, suburban HW, fixed queen bed (east/west), and weighs 2740kgs fully laden on the road; and my tug is a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd, photo on the header of our travel blog www.romanyrambler.blogspot.com.

I had trouble trying to load a photo on to a forum post.

Cheers
Robin
www.romanyrambler.blogspot.com
I did not realise that you were part of this select group Robin ! That is at least two of us Kiwis that have not been deported !! ;) :)
2020 Winnebago ILUKA on IVECO Daily 50 C. 1200 w Solar - 400 AH LiFePO4
3000 w inverter. 195 lt compressor fridge NZMCA # 15589
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

BruceS wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:56 pm Chris do you screen potential members before they are allowed in?
I have quite a few things that must be met before they get through the first gate!
Made me jump through hoops and still cant log in 1/2 the time and I know T1 Terry...!!! :o :shock: :roll:

vik... :|
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

nut17 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 6:38 pm
Romany Rambler wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:10 pm Hi
I live in a little place called Levin which is approx 100kms north of Wellington NZ.

My rig is a 6.65m Leisureline caravan with a rear bathroom, 170litres fresh and the same size waste water, ASC, Truma heater, suburban HW, fixed queen bed (east/west), and weighs 2740kgs fully laden on the road; and my tug is a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd, photo on the header of our travel blog www.romanyrambler.blogspot.com.

I had trouble trying to load a photo on to a forum post.

Cheers
Robin
www.romanyrambler.blogspot.com
I did not realise that you were part of this select group Robin ! That is at least two of us Kiwis that have not been deported !! ;) :)
Hi Nut17, Better make that 3, :lol: I was only made a honary aussie by Arthur Brunton when we visited one of their w/e rallies. :lol: :lol:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Norman did you just block his (Chris's) IP address? He can't get back on again!!!
I'm looking into it!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

nut17

Post by nut17 »

Hi Bruce

Seems to up and working again !!

On www.nzmotorhome.co.nz anyone can join then post immediately without verification. The moderation team are pretty vigilant and deal quickly with anyone from Asia trying to hawk dodgy medication or cheap electronic goods. They are quickly banned and have their IP address blocked.

PS I think I have worked out what the problem was. I mentioned in my post the name of the dodgy little blue pills that the spammers often attempt to post. You must have some sort of block on that name ;)

Cheers
Chris
2020 Winnebago ILUKA on IVECO Daily 50 C. 1200 w Solar - 400 AH LiFePO4
3000 w inverter. 195 lt compressor fridge NZMCA # 15589
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Hey they aren't that dodgy!!
Ask Norman they fixed his knees!! (or got him to overlook the pain!)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Think I'm a part time lurker, come here lots, but only post when have something of use to add to the conversations.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Ran into the problem with the V word a while back. It just won't let you post on the forum or via PM. Took a while to track down what the problem was by deleting one word at a time until it let me post :twisted:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Even if you travel Via Grahamstown? :twisted:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields