What does the membership think?

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.

Lock threads that might get heated

Poll ended at Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:16 am

Yes, I don't want any controversy on this forum
6%
No, Some things need to be talked through
18%
Couldn't care less, I just stop reading a thread if I don't like the direction it is heading
67%
Who was supposed to bring the popcorn?
9%

Total votes: 33

Dot

Re: What does the membership think?

Post by Dot »

I sincerely apologize for my disrespectful and incitement post. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

Well Ron (Noggins) , you've really screwed up now!
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Rest of post in store for discussion.
Enjoy your holiday Cuppa.

I'd reckon you've played your last card on this forum Maaate!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

dapope

Post by dapope »

You can cancel my membership of here too.
Your attitude sucks Bruce.
So do a lot of others.
I am done.
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

dapope wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:18 pm You can cancel my membership of here too.
So do a lot of others.
I am done.
Sad to hear Martin, are you sure that is what you want? Drop me a PM if you are serious about wanting out on this forum .... your posts will remain so the forum remains readable ....
For what it's worth, Bruce's action was only to remove the offensive post and give Cuppa 24hrs to cool off, the other members of the admin team are very offended by his outburst, I hope you don't feel the same way .....

T1 Terry
ADMIN TEAM
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

dapope wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:18 pm You can cancel my membership of here too.
So do a lot of others.
I am done.
Martin, Am I included in your remark about " others suck? I have NOT been privy to the comings and goings with PM's but I have seen a part of Cuppas disgusting degrading thoughts of the admin team. How dare anyone speak of people in that way esp when those people had no idea of what was being said. If you agree with what Cuppa has said then you had better pack your bags. . I put this post up because I feel the other members need to see what has been written about me, the others are bigger and uglier than me and can speak for themselves. I tried to calm things down some days ago but as usual no one takes any notice of me That is my feelings of which I am entitled to. No one gets to call me those names and think I won't answer back. I do apologize to the other forum members for airing my disgust here.
===========================================================================================================

This is an extract that I am disgusted with..... CUPPA WROTE ( The grubby little admin racist enclave at the centre of Ozervnews where you get your jollies talking about such joyful topics as "the brutal damage to the sexual areas of two year olds'. (Filth! 2 year olds don't even have sexual areas) can now be seen for what it really is. You & your racist buddies are a truly dirty little bunch, You have all been exposed for what you are.

Just to be clear I have full copies of all correspondence which as a consequence of of the lack of respect for ethics & honesty previously displayed & accepted by the forum admin I have already shared with a number of other people via email, ( so just in case your admin group try once again to wipe the slate clean you will be wasting your time). Push me to widen the circulation & I will.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

T1 Terry wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:29 pm
So do a lot of others.
I am done.
Sad to hear Martin, are you sure that is what you want? Drop me a PM if you are serious about wanting out on this forum .... your posts will remain so the forum remains readable ....
For what it's worth, Bruce's action was only to remove the offensive post and give Cuppa 24hrs to cool off, the other members of the admin team are very offended by his outburst, I hope you don't feel the same way .....

T1 Terry
ADMIN TEAM
It looks like my post about there being no difference between this and other forums being biased and prejudiced is being shown to be right, I was attacked because I mentioned the depravity of religion which is historical fact and had my post removed. Yet this forum has a couple of moderators who seem to be able to do and say what they like without any retribution.

Being disgusted by what a moderator posted and doing nothing, is just another form of apologetics we see from those unable to distance themselves from what they claim they don't agree with. That's not a very non biased approach, just the opposite.

Dot, I don't believe Cuppa was referring to you, just some moderators, but as we all do sometimes, didn't reflect it properly. You're a lovely lady Dot and I enjoy your posts, I like slightly bent people, makes me feel at home. :)

So it's ok to ban a poster who is standing up against racism, but support the racists. I'm so used to this sort of pathetic behaviour that mostly let it pass, because there is little one can do when the odds are stacked against you and truth. I've received a couple of PMs which reinforce my stand, they are not worth replying to as all they are looking for is to continue with the abuse and try to justify their insipid position.

Terry, I think you did the right thing by opening up the forum, but may not been aware of the underlying reasons it was so restricted and those may have been revealed, only one viewpoint was is be accepted. Some just don't want to be reminded of their stance and they can't handle anything outside that, this is the reality of life and social medias like forums, tend to give them a place to hide. But the time always comes when they are confronted by their open reality and bias and they just can't handle it at all, so they lash out, attack and use their power to crush what they see is their opposition. When it fact what they are doing is trying to destroy any form of truth being revealed. It's an ideological ploy, ideology is the belief that fantasy is real and reality doesn't exist, so ideologues will go to any length to destroy the truth and support their fantasy beliefs. How can you let a moderator post such blatant degrading racist lies and do nothing, but support the moderator, when others post the truth and get it removed.

Like others, I have a position in life where I was rejected by both sides of family, luckily today it's not as bad and personally don't really care. But do care about the culture I was taught and still live in a modern way, yet have issues with how some supposed indigenous push their agenda, claiming it is for all. I see them as no different to other ideologues, bias, prejudiced and mentally warped.

I don't envy the decisions the admin has to make in this instance, as it's clear a few find it difficult to accept the situation. With good moderation this forum would function with good knowledge sharing discussion. But it seems many just can't grow up and let go of their deep seated bias, good moderators would first ask the poster to edit their post or explain their reasoning if it personally offends and if that doesn't work, add the reasons for moderation along with removing the offending parts of the post.

Removing posts with no explanation or example, is not a good thing because many are unaware to the reasoning and can't make a qualified judgement on it, so it can tend to escalate things. You can't have open discussion when you allow lies and deception to override fact and reality.

As for me, I enjoy reading posts on this forum, but if it's just going to be restricted to trivia mostly, then why bother. My late mate warned me about going onto a forum, he always said, you're just to bloody controversial for the majority to tolerate as you make them think and many can't handle thinking outside their narrow little box. But I like to hear what people think about things and then put other options to them, sadly that's not very acceptable, as can be seen by my description of religion, pollies and their approach to the future and quarantining.

It should all good fun and no real reason for some to be upset, I'm not as I accept the real truth of life and not the delusions.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Certainly hope that I'm not in the group of racist native pepper because I'm anything but, we are a multi cultural family & proud of it.
Shirley & Bruce.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Shirley wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:45 am Certainly hope that I'm not in the group of racist native pepper because I'm anything but, we are a multi cultural family & proud of it.
Shirley, racism is a figment of imagination of those scared of difference. As for multiculturalism, how do you define it when many put religion as a race, when it is a belief made up of many cultures and races.

My own extended family comes from many cultures and races. Luckily none religious which makes for a very pleasant life experience, especially as they all have assimilated into Aus culture, but still retain their cultural flair which enhances the family and makes it a great experience for all.

Racists out themselves, they are so locked into denial of reality, it really upsets them to be questioned and or faced with the truth they so desperately try to deny and replace with fantasy ad deception. So they resort to derogatory comments and to me that only belittles them more.

It would be good if this forum could handle open discussion, surely with the amount of life experience here, it's not hard to set aside differences and listen to others rationally, then ask logical questions and listen to explanations. I try to avoid labelling others, leave that to them and hope that what others see as problems here, I see as misunderstandings that can be worked out without emotional upheaval, anger and people being banned or leaving.
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

This forum has just about self moderated for several years without much interference from mods.Might ave been the odd tweek here and there. I personally have never banned sent a letter or what, did,nt have too
the worst i have ever done is remove a double post, Until last night that is.I have deleted Cuppas account
Thats for for the rant about mods. Now yall know.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.