I'd kill for....

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Boblebago

Re: I'd kill for....

Post by Boblebago »

Noggins wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:55 pm You need to go to Tumby Bay ( SA )
Best fish'n chips we had for a looooooong time
Making sure to call in there on the way home

Ron
Hi Ron

Were they from the Ritz Cafe.
I was born and bred in Tumby Bay.

Regards Geoff
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

T1 Terry wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:52 am
vik351 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:54 am
T1 Terry wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:58 pm We recently purchased an air fryer (Phillips 45 ltr) and I've gotta say, even frozen chips and crumbed or battered Aldi fish come out well when cooked this way. We took the air fryer away with us in the Mazda for a trail run, cooked up chips, steaks, lamb chops, roast vegie etc for a group on more than one occasion and the seasoned crumbed fresh flathead fillets from a fish caught in Lake Illawarra by one of the group were probably the best fish I've had for a very long time.... still didn't equal the lightly floured pan cooked sword fish fillets we cooked up in Brissie all those yrs ago, but close 8-)
Hazza Scrazza has the 10 L Smiff and nobel one on the spesh , includes rotisserie :o 8-)

I read Bruce had a rotiss and all was good ...

http://www.harrisscarfe.com.au/electric ... b/p/542132

my solar gunna run the beast...???

vik...
Not until it's actually fitted to the motorhome, wired up along with batteries and an inverter big enough to run it.... but apart from that, no worries :D
Well I couldnt wait that long and tried it out tonight... A wee ripper... :D :D :D

For a first cook off not knowing WTHell to expect, couldnt be happier with cookin chops under a fancy light...!!!

Glad I went for this concept of one, the whole lid lifts up out the way so you can get to your bucket of chunder to fiddle with it...

Close the lid and away again and the glass sides lets ya see whats cookin doc... and how it's cookin...

Chups will be the next real test, the basket ones owners (Youtube) say chups dont cook all over, but this jobbie has the tumbler they say to use for ya chips... will be interesting, wonder how damaged they will be...???

vik... :shock:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Ya gotta try chicken wings cut up into the 3 pieces, sprinkled with herbs and sesame seeds and a light spray of oil to make em stick on. Tumble till they are golden brown and yummmmm..... goes down so well with a beer or 3
The big Phillips cooks potatoes sliced either thick or crispy thin with no oil at all just magic cooked on both sides, it uses a fan and an electric stove element in the top and blows the hot air over/around and up from under the basket, then it exits via a chimney vent at the back ..... thinking of adding a vent tube outside for that cause oil cooked/fatty stuff smokes a bit, but shitte it cooks fast without drying stuff out.
We cut up a whole 40ltr basket full of cubes potato and sweat potato a few km before one of those quarantine check points and with a few shakes during the 30 min cook all the bits were crispy brown skinned. They reheated excellent over the next few nights and the quarantine people were happy that they were cooked so safe to enter their state ....
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

I chucked in a few spuds on the low side of the rack , pierced them first and a quick spray and a bit of salt, 200 for ten minutes then reversed the tray so they all dropped to the bottom then shoved me lamb chops on ,seasoned with oil,Nostimini and had em all skewered together fat side up, piersed and oiled with Murray salt rubbed into the fat...

300 till I could see the fat startin to crisp a bit, pop the lid ( the thing pauses) take out the bucket, un skewer the chops ,arrange on rack and finish cooking one side till lookin good, flip em and cook till lookin good, remove (sposta rest em, yea right...thats gunna happen...!!!) mean while the fat has dripped onto the spuds... :mrgreen:

The fat done like that is tastier than crackling... Yep, lamb fat you actually eat, fight for... :twisted:

If ya 1/2 know how to cook this thing will get plenty trip use,soo easy...

And Miss Teflon was there to at the end to mop up...

vik... gunna have to have a cook off... :twisted:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Would love one of these but thinking I don’t have the space to store it in the van. Could someone post a pic with dimensions or at least the dimensions as noted on the packaging please?
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Swisslulu wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:01 pm Would love one of these but thinking I don’t have the space to store it in the van. Could someone post a pic with dimensions or at least the dimensions as noted on the packaging please?
My new toy, so far so good...

A whole bag a chups futs... :P

I mainly bought it for chips first up cos when cooking chips was soo much rooting around with oil, pot and thermo,dunk the chipe etc, drain the oil...bla bla

Havent tried chips yet, but my first cook was a suckcess fo I reckon it will be all good...

vik... ya can get smaller ones...!!!
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Thanks Vik. Bit too big I think.

Cheers
Lesley
Our blog: http://nussbaumerweb.wordpress.com
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Swisslulu wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:03 pm Thanks Vik. Bit too big I think.

Cheers
Lesley
Our blog: http://nussbaumerweb.wordpress.com
Gotsta agree with ya there... pretty bulky... BUT ...does good chips... :P :D

Did french fries yesti, after a bit of a time trial, came out ok, then tried the beer batter jobs tonight...

Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside... ;) straight out the freezer 1/2 an hour @ 230 in the tumbler...

vik... 8-)
mottleemob

Post by mottleemob »

To know what I do now when I was in my 20s boy would I have done some things differently :o
cheers Phil
:mrgreen:
Phil,Ann and Mia the spoilt dog
Wanna be grey nomads from SA
Its a Jayco and we love it
R I P Bonnie
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

You and me both. And probably half the world as well. Hindsight is great isn't it!
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.