I'd kill for....

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Vik351

Re: I'd kill for....

Post by Vik351 »

supersparky wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:56 pm
Dot wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:51 pm And why can't we get the original chicko rolls from the chippy? :?
Dot, It's probably for the same reason that you can't get a big Wagon Wheel or a proper Milky Bar anymore............... because they don't make them in the proper size anymore. You just get some little thing trying to pretend it's the same as the original. :D :D :D
Prolly cos Coles has em in the freezer...!!!

pack a four me thinks...

vik... still with mouse tails... ;) :lol: :P
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Dot

Post by Dot »

Nup they just don't cut it like the ones way back when. God I'm sounding like my mum :shock:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Dot wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:46 pm Nup they just don't cut it like the ones way back when. God I'm sounding like my mum :shock:
Thats only cos when ya cook em fry em at home,the fat aint 3 months old and there is no rat siht in it... I know... my old man had a Fush Ship in New Zealand when I was a little tacker...!!!

Ah rat foot prints in the cold fat...!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

vik.. yum... :twisted: :mrgreen:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Dot

Post by Dot »

Must try that then, I think I may have some 3mth old fat somewhere but may have to go hunting for rat poop. Where abouts in NZ was your fush n chup shop?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Dot wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:31 am Must try that then, I think I may have some 3mth old fat somewhere but may have to go hunting for rat poop. Where abouts in NZ was your fush n chup shop?
Mt Eden just outa Auckland somewhere...???

Was 7 when we left the joint but it was a main rd :? :? :?

vik...
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Well tried me own chups tonight... :D ...!!! wow...!!! Bla good mate...

Got the "old spuds" the biggest unwashed ones I could grab,the ones with all the red mud on em still...

Gave em a peel and a wash, then cut into chups and tried to make em all about the same size as in 7x7 mm ,lenght didn't matter...so they all cook the same rate...

Soaked em in water for a bit just to wash off the starch,drain, sprayed with olive oil,sprinkled with Vegetta salt, then

30 mins at 230 deg in the tumbler (changed rotation at 15 mins)

bloody beautiful chips...!!! fat free ;)

Not gunna buy frozen crap again, and will just wash and scrub the spuds next time and leave the skin on...

I do with my mash spuds, so why not me chups...???

vik... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8-)
dapope

Post by dapope »

Give the spud a few mins in the microwave and then finish em off in the frypan...spray with oil before frying..
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
Dot

Post by Dot »

Did you do the chips in one of those air fryers Vik? Terry did the roast pork in his yesterday and was impressed with the crackling that I couldn't eat.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Dot wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:36 pm Did you do the chips in one of those air fryers Vik? Terry did the roast pork in his yesterday and was impressed with the crackling that I couldn't eat.
Yea Dot, all in the air fryer... Terry put me on to it...

I got the smiff and wesson one ,looks like a black fullface helmet

the good bit is ya can see how stuff cooks cos it lights up for ya,thats how I do my Lamb cutlets ,fat side up first, spiked and salted, then finish off on their sides turning once... WOW... the fat done that way rivals pork crackling... Murray river salt of course...!!!

vik... Yep, love the new toy...!!!
Dot

Post by Dot »

I have been looking at them on ebay and they vary so much, size, watts, & of course price. Does the wattage have a great impact on performance?