I'd kill for....

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
GoinBush

I'd kill for....

Post by GoinBush »

....a feed of fish and chips!
Not these bloody horrid things you get these days with frozen so-called lumps of fish from God knows where and disgusting shrivelled up little excuses for scallops.
REAL fish and chips, from a real fish and chip shop. Preferably owned by people originally from Greece. Who made their own chips, made their own potato cakes, made their own batter and dunked that REAL piece of flake into and ran it up the side of the big, stainless steel batter bowl.

Salt and vinegar please.

Sigh.
Newcastle George

Re: I'd kill for....

Post by Newcastle George »

And a sprinkling of black pepper. Exactly what you want can be obtained from the general store near us where $2 worth of chips is sufficient for two and the scallops (potato cakes) covered in crinkly batter are 100mm in diameter and if not you get extras, not the fish and chip shop.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Mrsjustgarbage

Post by Mrsjustgarbage »

No problems Janelle. Just PM me ya addy and I will post you up a scrumptious Tea Gardens Hotel cone. :D
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Had fish & chips at The Strand in Townsville [special every Tues & Thu nights] $5.00, place called "Rock Paper Scissors" and an Ice cream shop [gelato] next door. Fish was the freshest I've tasted since I caught my last one, Ice cream the best I've tasted in years.
:D :D :D

PeterH
PeterH
justgarbage

Post by justgarbage »

Spot on Peter. One of our favourite haunts in Townsville.
Dot

Post by Dot »

I know that feeling Janelle, Last time we had a good feed of F & C's was when we were at Normanville.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
mottleemob

Post by mottleemob »

Newcastle George wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:11 pm And a sprinkling of black pepper. Exactly what you want can be obtained from the general store near us where $2 worth of chips is sufficient for two and the scallops (potato cakes) covered in crinkly batter are 100mm in diameter and if not you get extras, not the fish and chip shop.

George
Which shop is that George so I can try them it sounds great
cheers Phil
:mrgreen:
Phil,Ann and Mia the spoilt dog
Wanna be grey nomads from SA
Its a Jayco and we love it
R I P Bonnie
Jo Caloundra

Post by Jo Caloundra »

Hey Goin Bush, I'm hearing you, ,,,!!!where and when did you last have fish and chips like you described?

Cheers from Jo
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

mottleemob wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:39 pm Which shop is that George so I can try them it sounds great
cheers Phil
:mrgreen:
Phil, Joslin St Kotara shopping centre. Tell them, preferably Sharon, George sent you. The general store, not the fish and chip shop.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Have real fish and chips at least once a week, make my own chips and bake them using my own kennebec spuds, the fish is Tasmanian black back salmon, which is baked whole, or filleted and grilled on the wood stove. Then have a bowl of hot home made tomato sauce which I dip the chips into, absolutely lovely and no junk in it. Take frozen fish on the road and would never eat take away chemically saturated crap.