Shudder

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
GoinBush

Shudder

Post by GoinBush »

Please tell me I am right in thinking this motor car has no right being hooked to this huge van :shock:

Don’t salespeople have some responsibility to ask customers what vehicle they will be towing with?
FEA7FEC2-CD2A-467C-84C6-E24DFC37DE10.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jon_d

Re: Shudder

Post by jon_d »

Don’t salespeople have some responsibility to ask customers what vehicle they will be towing with?
No. But they probably should explain the requirements.

If the customer said, "I'm going to tow it with this vehicle" and it was clearly under-size then they have a responsibility to explain under the fit for purpose requirements.
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Jayco at Mildura will not allow you to leave their yard unless the tow vehicle is up to specs.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Terry on Dottles 'puter
What ever happened to people taking responsibility as the licenced driver? Yet another case of unqualified drivers dragging a trailer, adding an extra qualification to tow a trailer would ensure the driver knew the vehicle requirements for a given load and face the same penalties as a heavy vehicle driver would.

T1 Terry
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

I looked up the model of Audi and it says 2,500kg. I think the van is 2,500kg but that would be unladen yes? What about fresh, grey and black water and all their gear...... when I saw it I nearly fell over.
Lance

Post by Lance »

As Terry implies, buyers should start taking a bit of responsibility for their purchases.
We all research colours, accessories and other options before purchase, one would think we would also consider whether we can tow our new van SAFELY with our current vehicle before we lay our cash on the counter.
That said, don't take for 'Gospel' what a salesman tells you, most are genuine and knowledgeable, but not all.
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Just glad we weren’t on the road at the same time.
Barboots

Post by Barboots »

Yeah that van might just Tare within that range... like just and that's it.

Interestingly however, there are several tow vehicles with lesser brakes, longer hitch overhangs, lesser or non-existent stability management, less torque, less power, lower mass, lesser grip tyres than a Q7... and rated for 3.5T in tow. In fact some don't even have a longer wheelbase for managing the sail area of big Berthas like that, however that's often the only thing of technical merit they have in their favour.

A lot of people don't want to hear that reality though.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Janelle, I am looking at that van and seeing at least a 3 ton van, before the addition of water etc. Our little 16 footer is almost 2 t, because of it having a full bathroom. That one looks at least 26 feet,with a slide out, not a light van at all.
Lance you are right about drivers taking responsibility for their actions. That is definitely not a good looking combination. :roll: :roll:

I am trying to place that mural. Was the photo taken in Alice? :?: :?:
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Sorry, this is all speculation.

Can this be saved for another forum where they have the monopoly on name and shame.