Shudder

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Shudder

Post by BruceS »

Yep ... was waiting for Collyn's opinion on yaw & ...........
BruceS
Mannum, SA

bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

my old touareg was the same build as an Audi q7, 3500 kg rated............
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

There are several verifiable facts about the particular Jayco model and the particular Audi Q7. The facts raise more questions than answers so I think the original observation is worthy of discussion.

Yes, the tow rating is 3500kg but the weight of the tow vehicle is only 2135kg - a problem in some jurisdictions. The towball weight is 140kg!
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Barboots

Post by Barboots »

That's actually heavier than a BT50, which I just picked randomly as an example. Comparing the GCMs would be interesting...
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

jon_d wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:50 am Sorry, this is all speculation.

Can this be saved for another forum where they have the monopoly on name and shame.
Sorry Jon, I didn’t realise I was naming and shaming and I don’t visit any other forums. I am a 55 year old female person who has only ever towed a trailer twice in her life and I know nothing about motor cars or caravans but when I saw this unit I was gobsmacked that that car should tow that van.

Therefore I was asking people with a lot of knowledge on the subject if I was correct in my assumption.

Thank you.
Janelle.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

BruceS wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:36 am Yep ... was waiting for Collyn's opinion on yaw & ...........
Hi Bwuce,

Who is Collyn and what is ‘yaw’?

Has the photo I took been put up on another forum?
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

dream4red wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:13 am Janelle, I am looking at that van and seeing at least a 3 ton van, before the addition of water etc. Our little 16 footer is almost 2 t, because of it having a full bathroom. That one looks at least 26 feet,with a slide out, not a light van at all.
Lance you are right about drivers taking responsibility for their actions. That is definitely not a good looking combination. :roll: :roll:

I am trying to place that mural. Was the photo taken in Alice? :?: :?:

Hi Pet,

I believe it has a full bathroom, washing machine and a slide-out dining room with storage.

Yes, taken at the back of Coles in Alice Springs.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

We don't know the the spec of the car and whether it's been upgraded, plus we don't know the spec of the trailer.

The only way is to see the plates on the trailer showing its weights and the same with the car,

Hence, it's all speculation about the legalities.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Ok. Well I think it looks ridiculous and would not get in that car if I was bitten by a tiger snake and it was the only way to hospital. :lol:
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

I'm hearing you girl. Thanks for the tourist info, I get it right some of the time too! ;) ;) :lol:

Jon, nobody is slanging off at the vehicle driver. This is obviously just what we see in the photo and based on our opinions, nothing sinister in that.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life