eVehicles

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
BernieQ2

Re: eVehicles

Post by BernieQ2 »

Either last night or this morning on the news don't ask which channel I'm on vast . There were two motor bikes one a road and the other was a moped...both on battery power only. I missed it as I was on the phone.
Bernie.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

BernieQ wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:50 pm Either last night or this morning on the news don't ask which channel I'm on vast . There were two motor bikes one a road and the other was a moped...both on battery power only. I missed it as I was on the phone.
Bernie.
That would have been Dr Chris Jones, AEVA National Secretary and owner of the electric race bike Voltron and a number of other electric vehicles, the scooter was probably a Vetrix. The cells in the news article are early CALB (Chinese Aviation Lithium Battery) I think judging by the colour, probably 40Ah and ex Vetrix scooter power packs.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

If I convert Girt from turbo diesel to LiON batteries, where do I buy the 700km extension lead?😎

When I was a young fella, our baker delivered, using horse-drawn carts.
The bakery switched to Morris Minor panel vans. The problem was that the vans didn’t know to keep moving slowly while the baker popped in and out of houses dropping off the bread! Doubled the time for the delivery runs.
Couldn’t admit their mistake, so stopped delivering & opened a shopfront. 🙄

I hope the boffins pre-empt all the possible wrinkles before we are forced into EVs.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:13 pm If I convert Girt from turbo diesel to LiON batteries, where do I buy the 700km extension lead?😎

When I was a young fella, our baker delivered, using horse-drawn carts.
The bakery switched to Morris Minor panel vans. The problem was that the vans didn’t know to keep moving slowly while the baker popped in and out of houses dropping off the bread! Doubled the time for the delivery runs.
Couldn’t admit their mistake, so stopped delivering & opened a shopfront. 🙄

I hope the boffins pre-empt all the possible wrinkles before we are forced into EVs.
Doesn't need to be 700km long, just long enough to reach the next plug in point. Best to make that as close to the plug in point as the length extension cable you are carrying eh :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO