Pollitical correctness ?

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
supersparky

Re: Pollitical correctness ?

Post by supersparky »

I would bet that the bloke has been directed that he must follow procedures and processes to carry out his daily duties. I wonder if he also had a seven page risk assessment to contend with prior to even getting out of the car.
As Bernie states in the thread title, Political Correctness. It's costing us all a big fortune to save big business from paying out a small fortune on compo claims etc................ I could waffle on about how PC has changed my world at work on a day to day basis, but I'm not allowed to, as it could be used as a tool to terminate my employment. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

haha ... early retirement David?
You could join Bernie down South!!
Brrrrr!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Bruce, If they would offer me a redundancy I would be gone in a heartbeat. But they are just waiting out all they old farts! Bastards!!
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

More PC idiocy:
The Great Victorian Bike Ride will stop in Rutherglen in November this year.
Local Lions Club has been invited to cater breakfast for some of an estimated 4200 riders, (about 10% of whom MIGHT not bring their own or prefer not to go to the GVBR's own catering truck - catering for which they have already paid in their entry fee, by the way).
To cater for the estimated 420~450 such picky persons - some of whom may be under 18 - with over-the-counter fast food (egg & bacon rolls, hash browns, snag-in-bread, etc) the persons serving - from behind a counter - will ALL need to have a Working With Children check from Vic Police!! :shock:
Said Lions members already serve children as young as FIVE with such foods at the monthly Farmers Market... no WWC check required! :roll:
Go figure...
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

After the changes at the last Stone The Crows at the Wagga shooting range and the new auditorium having its own caterers, the mobile caterers that had paid to have a food stall suffered a serious drop in trade and it is expected many will not be there next yr. Trying to cater where there is already arranged catering never works out well and as the other party has already been paid I'd imagine the Lions affair would struggle to generate much money except for the spectator crowd.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
They have already declined the invitation... three reasons:
1 - Financial, as you point out;
2 - The fart-arsing about (and cost) of the (recommended) 16 :shock: volunteers each obtaining a WWC check;
2 - As these proposed customers are already so picky they prefer not to use the catering provided, and presumaby have not packed their own food, we'd probably be asked for tofu-burgers, vegan spread on buns, vegetarian sausages, sourdough bread, etc... :roll:
Not worth the effort. We'd likely be stuck with bags of unsold pre-cooked food.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

So, If the picky people went down to the world famous Rutherglen Bakery for brekky or smoko, do the operators behind the counter need a blue card ???
Unfortunately we do live in a world that is PC gone mad!!! And it's getting worse :evil:
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
Dot

Post by Dot »

So lets ignore this PC crap and fight the idiots, go to jail if that is what it takes buggered if I am going to back down after what I see every day in the Adelaide parklands.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

We have our home listed as a Homestay premises for overseas students attending Newcastle University and both Julie and I were required to jump through the hoops mentioned above.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Dot

Post by Dot »

George as a matter of interest do your "guests" have to have clearances as well? Whats good for the goose etc.
The whole thing has holes in it, even our paedophile pastor and its wife were cleared to be with kids.. :evil:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.