What a great race

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
wayneP

Re: What a great race

Post by wayneP »

YES just cut bits of other petrol heads posts to add a bit of flavour
''T1,
Not sure your proposals could be implemented.
Might be simpler to go with Vik's thoughts:
"Read the bl**dy flags, nong!" and dispense with the safety car entirely... after all, they did from 1963 to the beginning of the Supercar era.''
But then came the sponsor $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I was privileged to ride in one of the early safety cars as a Nov birthday pres. Normal lap sash and max 80 % throttle. OMG at Bathurst.
Then I was privalaged to be in recovery, you did not tow a car down hill. To steer a broken car down the mountain with no brakes was something I will never forget
''The track marshals are all volunteers so their safety is paramount, so OH&S demands their working environment is the major focus. even if they were employees that would be the case, but the racing would be banned if volunteers were deliberately put in danger.''
ar yeh thats right!
Remember from late 1990's to well into 2000 that at Amaroo park, Oran park - Bathurst many a time we (I) ran out onto a HOT track to collect/pick up car parts. Hot because you operated by 2 way from control /flaggys.
Then the privilege to be there at Bathurst:
Many weekends volunteering for me at Amaroo park, Oran Park,Wakefield park.
These big events do NOT succeed with out the many thousands of hours of work done by simple racing loving people!!
1 weeks annual leave Canberra (when they raced there)
1 weeks annual leave Bathurst
1 weeks annual leave Gold Coast Before they came the main event.
Yep like any event volunteers make $$$$ part easier to run.
Wayne
Driver/Maintenance Boy :D
Dot

Post by Dot »

You said it WayneP volunteers are the backbone of just about any event.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Dot wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:23 pm You said it WayneP volunteers are the backbone of just about any event.
Remember the ambos :(

Now it's snow flakes and $$$$$$$$$$ :cry:

vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Vik351 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:07 am
Dot wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:23 pm You said it WayneP volunteers are the backbone of just about any event.
Remember the ambos :(

Now it's snow flakes and $$$$$$$$$$ :cry:

vik...
I dunno about that one Vik, I sure wouldn't want to do there job for just the carnage and innocent life loss involved, but having drug f*cked idiots attacking me while I was trying to help someone stay alive and the internal battle of administering a life saving drug to someone who has over dosed only to have them abuse me and carry on about where they were going to get the money for the next hit.
I had a few ambos as customers in my previous life as a mechanic and sometimes the pain in their eyes nearly broke me and I wasn't on the front line holding a kid while they died ....... They have all my respect and support, they do a job that would have me in the nuthouse or leave me as a none caring vegetable after a few days if it even took that long. When I asked why they administered the life saving drug to a junkie they had done the same thing for only a few days ago, the reply was, "What gives me the right to play god or sentence anyone to death, my job is to save life where I can and second thoughts can't come into it"

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

My son is a Critical Care Nurse.
He says the same thing.
Of course, being ex-Army Reserve means the crazed nutters high on Ice don't tend to manage to hurt him. And he's as gentle as possible in restraining them.
Had to treat a patient in the hospital's high-security ward once.
Bloke was unconscious, but still double-handcuffed to the bed. He asked the guards to remove the handcuffs so he could properly treat the man — who would be unconscious for some hours, if not days. They weren't keen to do so. In the end, he had to insist (Somewhat firmly! Being ex-Army sometimes helps... ;) ).
So he has compassion for all his patients, no matter what got them into his care.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

I guess when it comes right down to it, most people don't really believe in evolution.
Otherwise - survival of the fittest??? :roll:
:lol: :lol:

Cheers.
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

I hope I haven't upset anyone with my comment, I do sometimes contract foot-in-mouth disease. :oops:

It was not meant in any way to diminish the great work done by ambo's and the like, absolutely the highest regard for them all.
The treatment they offen recieve from many is appaling. :evil:
The only thing I have done was as a surf lifesaver.
And that's really only because I grew up surfing every day, sort of grew into it - did assist quite a few people though.

My comment is really just a pet subject of mine ;) - evolution is believed by almost everybody, but lived in accord with it, never.
We supposedly evolved to human state, did so without doctors, hospitals, WH&S etc. - many others - I could go on...
So how are we to evolve further when virtually all mutations are seen as abnormal and we do our best to fix them?? :?

OK, I'm finished now. :roll:
Yes I enjoyed the race.
Yes even as a Ford fan I support the decision on car 12.
Hope they are consistant with this though in the future.

Cheers,
Bernie B
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I started a reply to this but it got so involved it probably didn't belong here, maybe in a heavier version of "Thought for today" Maybe a heading of "What a great race .... or are we?"
Not sure we really need to get too melancholy, unless it is a breed of dog that rounds up melons ..... :roll:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Yeah, didn't want to start anything, perhaps food for thought as you say.
Think I'll leave it alone ATM.
If anyone else wants to start a topic though I'll happily wade in - the bigger the surf the better IMO. ;)
Humans, the worst and best of all races - race for wealth, power, fame, etc - or the race to save and help others, makes you think. :?

Cheers,
Bernie B
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Dont start me neeva...!!!

Remember Jon Blake the actor, what alot of BS that was after his prang, but , all the $$$$$$$$$$

Best I stop now too...!!! se the PC shit has got us all in some way...!!! :o :shock: :evil:

vik...off to the dentist... = $$$ for hum...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)