V'8's

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
dapope

Re: V'8's

Post by dapope »

I see the dunnydoors are to go from the market. Wonder what the Ford's will get to beat now......
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Apparently they will still be racing them until the end of 2021.
Maybe they will all be racing Mustangs by then :roll: :roll:
But I reckon they will change the formula a little and allow the Camaro to have a crack.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

According to the airy-fairy optimists, by 2030, Bathurst will be a contest to see who has the most powerful electric gofer. :roll:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
bob r

Post by bob r »

Don't think the comaro will be in been told it's to be scrapped.
The way the series is being run it might not survive many more year's.

Bob
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

A Bathurst 1000 contested by EV's. It could combine the 12hr or maybe even the 24hr series because pit stops for refuelling could take a while :lol:
The last of the ICE powered cars could compete in a class with the hybrids where the fuel allowance is capped at 200 ltrs for the ICE powered and 100ltrs for the hybrid and they take it all on at the start of the race. The old phase 3 GTHO took on 200ltr each pit stop, so they could cart that much fuel up the hill and still get around the corners and slow down when required, so the mandatory 200 ltrs would help balance out the extended EV pit stops. They claim they can recharge an EV to 80% in 15 mins at the moment, the fuel economy run for the ICE powered vehicles would steady them up a bit so the 15 mins at a time in the pit would allow them to catch up, the hydrid's would need to do better than 10km/100ltr so they would be a tad handicapped, and the trip to the fridge for a cool drink or a trip to the loo would mean you hadn't missed too much of the action :twisted: Well, actually, the whole foot to the floor passing thing would be out for all but the EV's, a nice steady regen braking for the EV's and hybrids where a full jump on the anchors would still be the go for the ICE powered rigs ...... it might actually be interesting
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

The Hyundai Kona could probably get around 300km from the first charge, the Tesla about the same or maybe 400kms if they lifted the foot a bit, or 200km at speeds that would make the V8 Supercars look like mum's shopping trolley, a 15 min recharge and probably 200kms for the Kona, about the same for the Tesla but it would probably have a longer recharge pit stop while the driver enjoyed a latte and even longer for the lunch stop :lol: Some of the other EV's hitting the market early next yr as well as the newer hybrids might actually surprise a lot of people at just how fast and how far they can go before a recharge. The formula E cars certainly get going when they are racing and don't have a pit stop at all. Add some rapid recharging and tyre swaps so they can dangle the Dunlops around the corners and they might be really quick ..... well compared to the golf carts anyway .....
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,

ICE-powered cars, huh?
That would lend new and exciting meaning to the term 'petrol-sniffing'! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Better not let the Federales know about them. :?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Greynomad wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:38 pm T1,

ICE-powered cars, huh?
That would lend new and exciting meaning to the term 'petrol-sniffing'! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Better not let the Federales know about them. :?
:lol:
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

You either have to inject the stuff or burn it and inhale the fumes I think, Coke is for sniffing and I reckon the bubbles combined with the way it cleans up a penny, it would certainly clear the sinuses but I'm not too sure about getting high on it :lol:
For those that may still be confused, ICE is the abbreviation for Internal Combustion Engine so it covers all the varieties of fuel and design
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

bob r wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:52 pm Don't think the comaro will be in been told it's to be scrapped.
The way the series is being run it might not survive many more year's.

Bob
I read an article in today's paper about the end of the Commodore etc. Mark Skaife (the writer of the article) is looking forward to the introduction of the new Corvette. Maybe that is the new direction they will go. We might as well just go sports car racing again. :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.