Dot still dribbling ...???

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Vik351

Re: Dot still dribbling ...???

Post by Vik351 »

BruceS wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:55 pm Got a mate in sa water. If the prblem is after the meter .... tough titty!
Have they changed policy ...???

They used to let ya off abit if ya had a mystery leak... back in my days...

leaky crapper etc...bad luck, fix it...!!!

vik... :?
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

If you get any relief, think of it as a blessing. When I worked with the water part of the council, we had a big leak in the sandy soil of the garden. It must have leaked for ages before we found it, but only after the mega bill. We got no relief, and I worked for them. Bastards.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

supersparky wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:07 pm If you get any relief, think of it as a blessing. When I worked with the water part of the council, we had a big leak in the sandy soil of the garden. It must have leaked for ages before we found it, but only after the mega bill. We got no relief, and I worked for them. Bastards.
That's probably why you got nil back :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

ha....Probably cut through the pipe after leaning on the spade to long......
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Never had a spade Jon. But it might have been a shovel. :lol: Or the bloke we paid to build the front deck. :roll:
Edit. Changed spare to spade. Bloody auto correct got me again.
Last edited by supersparky on Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

When the reeds beside the river in front of our house went up in flames, it burnt the water meter and the poly pipe the otherside of the meter. Because we are on a trickle feed supply that requires constant feed to a tank so we have enough in the tank to operate taps etc, the tap before the meter only changes the flow rate, it doesn't stop the flow. I added a stop cock tap in the pipe before it went into the under road pipe, fitted a T piece and pumped water from the river through the under road pipe the way it was originally designed.
So, for around 3 mths we supplied water back into the Murray without realising it, the flow was underground/grass so not noticed. I dug the pipe up after we got a monster bill and found where the pressure had burst the heat weakened poly pipe. The water mod weren't interested, but they had noted that as soon as the fitted the new meter it recorded water flow so they determined the supply was refilling the tank. We now just pay the fee for the pipe to run past the house because we have no choice, but we don't use the town water, just too expensive.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Who was it that said "the next big war will be over water " :o :o :o

makes ya wonder...!!!

vik... :( :x
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)