NZ Travel

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Greynomad

Re: NZ Travel

Post by Greynomad »

supersparky wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:39 pm I think that you might have a bit of trouble getting over that big bridge between your place and Corowa soon.
Fortunately, the govt people have seen sense.
Border communities have exemptions.
And there are quite a few along the Murray:
Albury/Wodonga; Corowa/Wahgunyah; Cobram/Barooga; Yarrawonga/Mulwala... and that's just the ones close to us.
Haven't looked as far as Mildura and the SA/Vic border area or further upstream into the High Country.
We'd be really shot if it was a hard border, as we do our shopping both locally and in Corowa, as it's only 10km away. Some things we just can't buy on our side of the border. The alternative is a 45km drive to Wangaratta.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

We are wondering what the near future will hold for us regarding people being able to actually get to Mannum. With all the border closures, to come here from Qld would require a 14 day isolation in NSW and then another 14 day isolation in SA. I wonder if they came via Mildura if they would have to do a 14 self isolation in Victoria as well?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1, unfortunately I think you guys are a lot like most small business at the mo'. It is going to be tough for a while for a lot of mum and dad business owners. I know a few that have had difficulties already. When we come out the other side of this crisis, I don't think things will ever be the same. A few of the oldies that I have have contact with say that it was like this in WW2, with regard to food supply and lack of accurate information.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

T1 Terry wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:45 pm We are wondering what the near future will hold for us regarding people being able to actually get to Mannum. With all the border closures, to come here from Qld would require a 14 day isolation in NSW and then another 14 day isolation in SA. I wonder if they came via Mildura if they would have to do a 14 self isolation in Victoria as well?

T1 Terry
[/quote

Might get more customers from SA rather than them heading North to get their battery systems done. Keep your chins up Terry :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Battery power respirated terry 🤔
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Brucie2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:52 am Straight after the depression & then the war the world experienced the biggest boom period ever seen.
Those that are left here will prosper I think.
There will be a big opportunity for local businesses to get into 'essential supplies' that should never have been sent over seas.
Not long after I left school I worked at GMH Dandenong & saw a huge building full of machinery owned by the Gov that was used to manufacture arms & equip for the 'future' wars. I'm guessing THAT would be sent for scrap now?
How quick can you 'gear up' for face masks manufacturing Terry?
Brian has already started making some ...........
Too many companies already in full swing making masks for a small enterprise to get off the ground, so personal use items would be about the limit.
As far as battery powered anything, easy enough done if it can be powered from a 240vac supply or even easier if it can be powered from 12vdc or 24vdc.
I expect most of the work will come from that section of the community, those cashed up enough to afford an independent self sustaining power supply, just in case things get a lot worse.
At the moment the states share power, well NT and WA don't but the other states do. With an aging coal fired power generation system supporting most of the east coast supply, how long before they start to fail? Can't have people from all over the country or world gathering together in work camps so that would kill off any serious construction of replacement generation and producing equipment to prop up the older dieing stuff will be a difficult task as well. We are only into the beginning of this world wide event, there aren't any countries not involved in this war so the whole globalised economy is going to be under enormous strain.
We will get through this, but I doubt if things will ever return to the way they were before this out break, there area lot of hard lessons to be learnt by those willing to learn, those that aren't willing to learn from this don't have a very promising future.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Greynomad wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:43 pm We were looking at a trip to Meandarra if Covid-19 is found anywhere near us.
Closest so far is Ballarat:
UPDATE:

Some clown has visited Corowa (10km away) in the past few days and left an unfortunate gift with someone... :roll: :evil:

So with the Queensland & SA borders closed, and ScoMo telling us NOT to travel unless it's necessary...

I wonder if we could argue that our trip IS necessary to get ME away from the risk of contamination???
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Yes ok the river sounds a great way to go nice hiding place [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Does anyone have a link to the latest map that shows where in Oz that someone has tested positive. I saw one on FB the other day, but can't find it now.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

I reckon the Gummint should be publishing it, with a daily update!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields