Why is

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Why is

Post by T1 Terry »

dapope wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:45 pm Would seriously suggest the govvy sites as best sources.
Facebook and posts from a friend who knows a Dr are simply not reliable.
What do you mean Martin, that Farcebook Facts aren't the real thing? Next thing you'll be telling us not to trust that politicians, lawyers and used car salesman will have our best interests at heart ..... I'm not sure I'm ready for such instability ......
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

:D :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
T1 , you aren't suggesting that those people that you mentioned are less than scrupulous are you. :o :o
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Honest John or should that be ( Mr T1 ) :shock:
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Shirley wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:44 pm Stay home Ray & only mix with Joy.
Tried that, Shirley.
She said she had a headache. 😢
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Ray your woman doesn't want to kill you yet :lol: :lol:
I am getting sick of every channel having the same ol same ol with their "Breaking News" Have a few designated times daily yes, but not all day. :roll: :roll:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dot wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:45 pm Ray your woman doesn't want to kill you yet :lol: :lol:
There have been a few times... :shock: 8-) :?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Thanks NP, that seems like sound advice. How hard is it to keep sipping water or to have a hot drink every few hours?
be interesting to read if following this advice, we all stay clear.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Greynomad wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:06 pm NP wrote,
Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection. In critical time,
please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.
OK for people with healthy lungs to start with.
• Over 70
• Immunocompromised
• Bronchiectasis = 60~65% of normal lung capacity

I'm behind the 8-ball before I even start mixing with people who may carry Covid-19! :shock: :shock:
Ray, most of us have some form of condition that could be easily compromised with this virus, I also have lungs problems and compromised immune system and have to be very careful. But there is a way to mitigate the vulnerability to getting this, that's to remove or dramatically reduce all mucus forming foods from your diet and then if you do succumb, your body is not flooded with stored mucus, whilst your lungs are compromised. I learnt this decades ago and even with bad lungs, have yet to catch a cold or flu for over 40 years, even though I work in places that are overflowing with sick people lots of times when the flu or a cold is going round. Mind you don't believe I'm immune, just the opposite but removing triggers form our lives does reduce the effect and maybe the chance of having the virus lock into our system.

The older we get on the diets we eat, the more build up of mucus, chemicals and additives our bodies have. So it's logical if we reduce them and let our bodies clean out of them, we have a better chance of life and in my case and others I know, much better health and lifestyle. This is not what you would probably hear from a quack, but known medical science supports what I say. The problem the average person has is, we are bombarded by corporate and vested interest propaganda which sadly, we all follow to varying degrees. So it's no wonder humans have become so susceptible to viruses and the more our health is compromised, the more vulnerable we are to them. Good health approach does make a huge difference to outcomes and good health comes from good diet.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Dot wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:45 pm Ray your woman doesn't want to kill you yet :lol: :lol:
I am getting sick of every channel having the same ol same ol with their "Breaking News" Have a few designated times daily yes, but not all day. :roll: :roll:
Been watching the lifestyle channel and youtube westerns, so sick of never ending virus stuff. Turn the sound down on the lifestyle channel, can't stand hearing yanks talking, they are so far up themselves it's annoying. They do have some lovely scenery on the shows, which is what i like seeing as you don't get to see scenes like that on the average show, especially the international house hunters one. some beautiful places hidden away on this planet.

But old westerns, especially those from the 1930's are so cool with their amazing stunts and big smoky shoot outs and they have a good story line behind them. Missed out on movies when a kid, could never afford to go to the pictures. Now have an excuse to watch lots of of shoot em up, save the damsel in distress films.

We are lucky we have the internet in this time, at least we can still communicate and keep a bit entertained and lots of time to play guitar and music.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Let's hope that with everyone home now the interweb can handle the load. I hope we don't return to the days where the interweb was useless during school holidays and after school hrs until the little folk went to bed. We gave up on the NBN because that was what was happening, so we either need to improve our reception with a YAGI antenna or pay for a better band width that the kids can't afford ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO