Now nearly one of you

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Dot

Now nearly one of you

Post by Dot »

I got a letter today from some government man to say I am now an Australian citizen BUT not if I do not attend the "pledge" test ceremony but they cant say when where that will be, might be 6 mths or so. Bribery is what I call it. :lol: :lol: That means I can vote and that is scary indeed. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Re: Now nearly one of you

Post by supersparky »

Well done Dot. If you don't vote, then you can't complain about whoever is trying to run the gubmint.👍
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Congratulation Dot. Well done
Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Onya mate...

Well done cobber...

Bewdy Newc.
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Chuck wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:16 am Onya mate...

Well done cobber...

Bewdy Newc.
Chuck , I think we need to send Dot an Australianism dictionary so she will pass the ocker test. :x
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:03 pm I got a letter today from some government man to say I am now an Australian citizen BUT not if I do not attend the "pledge" test ceremony but they cant say when where that will be, might be 6 mths or so. Bribery is what I call it. :lol: :lol: That means I can vote and that is scary indeed. :lol:
Shitte, I'd better get that letter written soon so they can reconsider eh :lol: I can just imagine the get up you put on to attend and the rewording you'd use, but you'd get a laugh from all that attended and that is the most important thing about being an Aussie, a good sense of humour so you can get through the crap being an Aussie involves .... Did you fly over initially or come on a cruise ship??? You could get a good hand out if you tell them you are a boat person at the citizenship ceremony, but best wait till then to announce it or you could end up with a life time holiday at the govts expense .... but then you'll be claiming one of those pensions they won't give me so ...... I'd better start writing that letter ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Congratulations, true Blue Aussie once you attend the pledge ceremony. :lol:
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Better make sure they nave an interrupter there, one that is fluent in the language of Armatonguey :lol: :lol: Bugger if I am going to be standing up there but maybe I could say I am speaking in tongues :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:01 pm Better make sure they nave an interrupter there, one that is fluent in the language of Armatonguey :lol: :lol: Bugger if I am going to be standing up there but maybe I could say I am speaking in tongues :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tell 'em its army talk mixed with a kiwi accent and a dash of pomie accent thrown in ... or tell them it's Gaelic, then they would understand why none of it sounds like any language they'd ever heard before. Do you watch that Miriam Mogolyes "Almost Australian" on the ABC a few weeks back?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

Well done Peta, Did it take l----o-----n-------g. :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-)
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.