Bernie and Carols Isuzu fit out.

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
BernieQ2

Re: Bernie and Carols Isuzu fit out.

Post by BernieQ2 »

Well the job is finished done and dusted....I hope...
Been for a drive around the block no water or oil leaks to be seen .
The throttle is stiff wasn't before and the cut off cable is still not working...needs investigating more . I have also found a air leak in the front area , there is a bank of air fittings , flexible pipes and stuff I will get a hand with them ...trusty next door he's handy so will ask for assistance . I haven't as yet put the catch can on will be done when I get to it .
Only one pic today just showing the new RED air connecting thingys , should make it go faster as we all know red is the fast colour .
And to give Bruce a warm fuzzy feeling . As he did comment on the old ones .
Bernie .
DSCF2872 (Custom).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Lovely job Bernie!
Looks a little like that boot on the cable directly towards the new compressor needs stretching along the cable a bit & using a small ziptie to stop it creeping back.
I suspect that photo was before you finished up & went driving though? Belt looks a little outta place!
:) 8-)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Yes Bruce taken a day back.
Bernie.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Disaster has befallen me , double bugga...
Two things have gone astray , firstly my brake treadle valve has developed a leak (something I'm not familiar with )
I have sourced a replacement I will be picking it up on Friday $40 for those interested .
I do have the workshop manual on it Jon from previous mailing from you . Thanks..
Secondly the big nut that holds the harmonic balance on has loosened ( really big bugga ) good thing I was not on the road when I found this out .
So I will now have to remove the radiator again to gain access to it . That will be a Saturday job .
So I wasn't a happy chappie yesty arvo .
almost send a man to drink .
Bernie .
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

BernieQ wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:32 am Disaster has befallen me , double bugga...
Two things have gone astray , firstly my brake treadle valve has developed a leak (something I'm not familiar with )
I have sourced a replacement I will be picking it up on Friday $40 for those interested .
I do have the workshop manual on it Jon from previous mailing from you . Thanks..
Secondly the big nut that holds the harmonic balance on has loosened ( really big bugga ) good thing I was not on the road when I found this out .
So I will now have to remove the radiator again to gain access to it . That will be a Saturday job .
So I wasn't a happy chappie yesty arvo .
almost send a man to drink .
Bernie .
That harmonic balance bolt is that tight and Loctited for a reason, diesels in general tend to loosen that bolt. Just hope no other damage to the balancer mounting faces occurred. Can't just move the radiator away from the balancer enough to get the socket and bar in there?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Terry the work shop manual says to use molybdenum grease . Not Loctite .
But I think I will use it .
Not enough room to move radiator out of the way I will have to remove it , have to undo all the bolts anyway .
Bernie .
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Bugger!
I'm not commenting because I can't see that particular taperlock setup.
I know for pulleys like on irrigation pumps, the inner taperlock park has a slot right through it so the tighter you do it up the more it squeezers onto the shaft.
They are so good. Two studs to do them up & change the studs over to the other two holes to extract the centre bit.
Might need a rattle gun Bernie? Going to be hard to hold it by the flywheel? Don't be tempted by doing it through the clutch or gearbox?
I'm thinking of you while I'm sitting a few hundred yards away from the Blue Lake ............. (bloody freezing)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

I think I'm at deja vu back to before sorta . I have the "new" brake treadle valve , easy-peasy at the wreckers just grab the cordless angle grinder and Bobs your uncle .Mine will take a bit longer but is easy (haha) to get at .
I also have the harmonic balancer off , turns out I could with a bit of thought get the balancer off without completely removing the radiator Terry . But had to remove the bloody power steering unit If only the balancer was a 1/8th smaller diameter .
So that's where I am today .
Bernie .
Treadle pics .
DSCF2876 (Custom).JPG
DSCF2877 (Custom).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

That's a bit of a bugger Bernie. At least now you have a few second hand fittings if you ever need them. Was it working OK before you started the compressor fix? Or is it why you needed to replace compressor?
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

No David replaced the compressor because it was pumping oil . and no the treadle valve wasn't leaking prier .
Balancer is back on this time with Loctite I roped the balancer and tied it to the chassis rail so I could pull the nut up as far as I possible could , tight enough for the rope to start breaking . The treadle valve will go on today with the help of my grandson gotta pay his way at my place hehe .
he watched a movie with the hero using a black powder rifle which he has drawn onto some ply wood . he wants me to cut it out with the jigsaw , hence helping me with my project . I'm a mean granpop .
Bernie .