Coach to Tooltruck/RV

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Busman

Re: Coach to Tooltruck/RV

Post by Busman »

But mod plates have to be stamped by an authorised modification officer don't they ? There is a spot at the top for their number, so what did you put in there?
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Lance

Post by Lance »

We may be talking a different plate.
I'll get a pic of mine when I get home Sundy night.
No engineering cert required on my TD
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
Busman

Post by Busman »

You guys are talking about a VIN plate I am sure a mod plate is a different kettle. Look at Kevins pics you will see the blue mod plate there with AMO's number in top right corner.
Blue, not black !
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Busman wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:32 am But mod plates have to be stamped by an authorised modification officer don't they ? There is a spot at the top for their number, so what did you put in there?
The plate in the photo looks like it was filled out with an etching pen not number stamps, although they aren't hard to get anyway. I doubt the average inspection officer/highway patrol doing a roadside check would go to the extent of tracing back the engineer's number to verify the legality so you could make up your own number and say that was how you bought it x yrs ago :twisted:
All just a joke really, if we ever get the big bus to road going stage it would sail through an engineers inspection and get a legit plate and rego ......but there are more than a few vehicles cruising the highways with none too legal mod plates on them ;) :twisted:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

T1,
Do we have a year on that? [big bus on road]. :o :o :o

PeterH
PeterH
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

pet-els wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:56 pm T1,
Do we have a year on that? [big bus on road]. :o :o :o

PeterH
Ummm......
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dapope

Post by dapope »

I reckon you should aim for 31 April next year..
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
Toolman

Post by Toolman »

On a Heavy Vehicle mod plate those mod numbers get logged against the VIN,When I licencened my bus I got to see on on screen all the mods that had been done in different states. This new national licensing system is quite impressive really. A cop on the road can bring up your Vin in his car.
That plate cost me $500.00 , but now I can legally insure the stock that I will be carrying as it will be worth more than my Panel Van :)
Busman

Post by Busman »

Our plates were $250 each but I have heard of many asks for way more dollars than that. We have 2 one is for seating changes, and seat belts, one is for chassis changes to do with roof lift. K1, K3 are to main codes I think ?
Toolman

Post by Toolman »

All the engineer was concerned about was whether I had filled the holes in the floor from the old seats, all was OK when he saw the new floor :)