What did you do to your rig today?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
supersparky

Re: What did you do to your rig today?

Post by supersparky »

I spent a fair bit of yesterday on the roof of the Winny working out why the TV signal was hit and miss. I came to the conclusion that the original part of the coax cable to the Xmas tree antenna had UV degradation and was shorting between the screen and the centre core.
I was going to replace the complete cable so starting pulling things apart to find out where it ran. Lucky me. Mr Winnebago had left about 5-6 ft of usable cable jammed in behind the electrical panel. Not really a service loop, more like they cut the cable to a length that suits any possible TV location and jam the rest in wherever it fits. Saved a bit of time and the picture is now spot on. Now just to cable tie up all the flex and conduits that are flopping about in the cupboards.
While I was up on the roof I noticed that some of the Dicor sealant required attention and the EPDM roof could still do with a decent scrub and clean.
More on that tomorrow.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

While I was up on the roof I noticed that some of the Dicor sealant required attention and the EPDM roof could still do with a decent scrub and clean.
More on that tomorrow.
Tsk, tsk...

Housework, housework, housework!

A woman's work is never done...

or, being totally PC:

"A person's work is never done... " ;)
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I'm not convinced that getting my missus up on the roof is a good idea. The last time I got her up there she noticed that some of the neighbours had very new looking roofs.(On their house - Is it roofs or rooves?) Anyway that is something else I must organise.
Today I did the Dicor reseal and then spent the rest of the day cleaning the entire m/home.
Has any of our members with a M/h with an EPDM rubber roof ever recoated it with anything?
Ours is starting to look a little secondhand and mouldy. But it isn't mould as it scrubbed the entire roof the other day.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
Dot

Post by Dot »

Our winnie had that rubber roof and it also was mouldy looking so before G painted that roof with that thermal paint(3 part process) he was told to make sure to clean the roof really well before painting.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Dot, do you reckon George might remember what it was called?
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
Dot

Post by Dot »

supersparky wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:45 pm Dot, do you reckon George might remember what it was called?
D avid he can't remember the names after all this time but on the bus roof he used ?Dirt guard and that was a 3 step process.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Thanks Dot, I will see what I can chase up.

We took the Winny to the Big Wheels Wheel Alignment people today. And as I half expected the axle needs the cold bend treatment to get the camber angle corrected.
Is there a reason that just about every beam axle vehicle that is produced in Japan requires this corrective surgery?

We will also get two new steer tyres. Falken something. They have a higher load rating than the Michelins that they replace. We will also get some new Powerdown shockers. We pick it up in the morning. I will be like a kid with a new toy for a while. :D
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Wow what a great idea for you and your [emoji590]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

David I was told years ago that Australia is about the only country that has so much camber on the roads.
Most countries have almost flat roads.
In my case the vehicle was an import from Germany & as they drive on the other side of the road it should have been done as soon as it came off the ship.
Any vehicle over about 4.5t should have a steering check at least once a year. (working vehicle)
Both myself & my brother used to check our steering about every 6 months.
We just used a length of 3/4" galv water pipe with a long thread on one end with a ferrule screwed on it.
Measure the inside the front and inside the rear of the front wheels.
As long as there is about 1.8" to 3/16" toe in you're right to go.
If you need to adjust it make sure you drive around the block & pull up straight with as little breaking (Ray?) as possible.
Pick a flat area if possible. Shopping centre car park?
Your base vehicle is an Isuzu? Do you know the recommended toe in? (not camber which is what you're getting bent) (or have got!)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Yes, Japan roads are dead flat.

Dave, I did the tie rod ends and a wheel alignment (toe only) on the Bedford before Uluru. The difference was amazing.