What did you do to your rig today?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: What did you do to your rig today?

Post by T1 Terry »

The flexible stainless pipe before the muffler and then straight pipe after the muffler seems to work well. We used aluminium (because that was what Brian bought while in the big smoke) and it seems to stop the ringing/echo associated with stainless steel. No idea if the convoluted stainless pipe combined with the muffler creates any self can celling sound/pressure waves or not, but it came with the heater so that was how we fitted it :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

jon_d wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:31 pm ahhh. the plastic bits. I thought they were the silencer
When they fall onto the ignition plate and melt all over it, the 'plastic bits' silence everything! :oops: :P
( :? Gets a bit smelly just beforehand, though...)
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Took it to auto Electrian to have a look at the solar panels and get a few minor jobs done ✅
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Plugged the Prius into the extension cord hanging out of the side of the Hino to charge the battery. Poor Hino, it doesn't get to go anywhere lately, just sits there storing up the solar electricity so we can recharge the Prius each day.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Poor Prius properly does not get to go any were [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
homeless

Post by homeless »

Thats the Adelaide Taxi
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Maybe, the Hino can charge the Prius and then the Prius can charge Wayne's rig.
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Admired it from afar. And missing it greatly.
News report says UK will ban sale of petrol, hybrid & diesel cars from 2035. (I think that was the year.)
OK for them, small island which fits into NSW 4 times with a fair bit of dirt left over... and a population density 200 times that of Oz.
I hope ScoMo doesn’t have a sudden rush of blood to the head & do an “Anything you can do...”
Current RACV mag has road test of Hyundai Kona & Nissan Leaf EVs. Drove Melbourne to Albury. Leaf JUST made it to Euroa (170km), with 7% (18km) charge left. Both started with 95% charge. Kona had 150km remaining.
Both took 45 minutes to charge!
Looks like we’ll be galloping back to horse & buggy travelling times if we have to have a 45min pause every 150km!😳
And the trip had to be planned around locations of charging stations with the correct plug for each vehicle (they were different)!
I think the charge (pun intended) into EVs for everyone needs a bit more thought & planning.
At least petrol bowsers fit the fuel filler holes in all cars, regardless of make. 🙄
Can you imagine the chaos if bowsers for Fords didn’t fit Holden fillers? 😳😳😳
Maybe researchers should be looking at rooftop solar panels for cars so we could recharge by just parking in the sun.
EVs will have to come down in price a whole lot, too.
Nissan Leaf as tested was $49,990; Hyundai Kona was $64,490. Toyota Corolla hybrid is $26,000 almost half the Nissan price, and the MOST EXPENSIVE petrol Kona is $39,000!
That’s a $25,500 premium for the battery option!!
Dunno about the rest of yer, but it’s well outside our budget.
Our petrol-sipping 1 litre turbo Suzuki Baleno cost just $22,000 brand new, all-up. Battery Kona is almost THREE TIMES that, and the Leaf is TWICE that with enough change to buy a decent used 2nd car... maybe two!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Also, what would they do with all the cars currently sitting in caryards or those being sold everyday? Most cars last at least 20 years so those sold in 2034 will still be around in 2054 unless they ban the sale of petrol or diesel.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor