What did you do to your rig today?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Chuck

Re: What did you do to your rig today?

Post by Chuck »

Hmm... but I doubt if even my farts would be hot enuff to ignite anything in my undies... but may cause a bit of nasal discomfort. :evil:
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Drove her back home and noticed when I switched the air brake knob on to go down the hills it was making a type of whistling noise so turned it off cuz I didn't think it should make that noise.. :D Had to pass through Mannum so dropped in quickly to our fav mechanical man who lives there, ran the prob past him and bingo he had it sussed so a job coming up for the Gman. Then off we headed for home. A good few days RnR was well worth it.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Was great to see both you and George both looking so well. Dottie certainly has slimmed down a few sizes, not quite down the George's frame size yet but well on the way. There was mention of being able to fit into each others clothes and I'm sure if it was a twinkle I saw in George's eye ... could have been a trick of the lighting :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Yesterday I fitted a new muffler , I bought it in Bundy the other day when we went visiting friends on Yacht .
Cost $162 , Much better now .
Bernie .
DSCF0574 (Custom).JPG
DSCF0575 (Custom).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

The Navigator is fitting a new grey water tank, the old one was past its use by date, hopefully we will get away again soon.
Shirley & Bruce.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

BernieQ wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:53 am Yesterday I fitted a new muffler , I bought it in Bundy the other day when we went visiting friends on Yacht .
Cost $162 , Much better now .
Bernie .

DSCF0574 (Custom).JPG
DSCF0575 (Custom).JPG
Was it noisy before or not noisy enough :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

No terry not noise just the gas's were getting out before it travelled the exhaust pipe . ( read holes in muffler)
Plus I have a annual heavy vehicle inspection this month .
Bernie .
Dot

Post by Dot »

Gman did as he was advised by our resident mechanic and tightened up the bolts on the exhaust manifold (one had gone AWOL) and with that job done the squeaky noise has disappeared when the exhaust brake was applied. Plus he fitted another mirror above the vanity sink this one is in the loo area. Our marvel mechanic is sure worth a cuddle or two :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I have spent most of the afternoon cleaning the roof on the Winny. EPDM rubber I think the covering is called. That was the most fun I have had for ages. That stuff is really slippery when it gets wet. A couple of times I thought I was going over the edge.
Does anyone have a tip for how to safely tie-off while working on the roof. It would be easy if there was something higher than the Winny to secure to, but I don't think the shrubs in the garden will support much weight.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:17 pm I have spent most of the afternoon cleaning the roof on the Winny. EPDM rubber I think the covering is called. That was the most fun I have had for ages. That stuff is really slippery when it gets wet. A couple of times I thought I was going over the edge.
Does anyone have a tip for how to safely tie-off while working on the roof. It would be easy if there was something higher than the Winny to secure to, but I don't think the shrubs in the garden will support much weight.
Did you apply the new seal coat after cleaning it David? The amount of white powder that comes off from the rubber membrane oxidising ya gotta wonder just how long it would last constantly exposed to the harsh Aust sun. Probably not an issue in the USA or Europe, but we got tough sunlight over 'er :lol:
I've cleaned the spots where I had to reseal stuff on Vik's roof, but I'll leave the rest for Vik to do, just in case I wash right through the air bubbles and create a water leak :twisted:
They actually have a patch repair kit on evil bay that works quite well. I poured a heap of the Dicor self levelling stuff under the patch we had to do on Cathy Ashton's roof. The original solar installer had used some sort of glue that reacted badly with the rubber roof when they screwed down the junction box. I added the Dicor in an attempt to seal the holes they had made with the self tapping screws and to get the rubber around the patch area to attach back to the roof. Took a few days to harden up under the patch, but the end result was very good.

T1 Terry