What did you do to your rig today?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: What did you do to your rig today?

Post by T1 Terry »

For all those that doubt the EV will take over sooner than they think, a new article about last yrs car sales https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ars-fall-8
2020 will be a greater swing again, better brace yourselves, the times they are a changing .......
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

I re-did the roof on my caravan. Due to relying on tarps for too long, the original panels got wet, (under the tarp where I couldn't see it) and warped to buggery.
So, off with the old and on with the new. Plus fitted a new sheet of ally in the centre instead of trying to just patch up the hole where the original roof vent was located.
If one picture is worth 1000 words, here's three thousand words.
IMG_2669.JPG
IMG_2670.JPG
IMG_2671.JPG
Cheers
Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

That's looking pretty good now Jim. 😀
All we did today was drive from Portland up to Ararat, where we intend to base ourselves for a few days and have a bit of a cruise around and check out the district.
Last edited by supersparky on Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Darn it, double posted again. I am becoming good , or is it bad at this. 🤪
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Sanding, sanding, sanding.

Nearly finished stage 2, another primer, final sand and then top coat...
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Love the mowhalk ...😂😂
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Yep, i get a haircut and a shave regularly, every 6 months, whether i need it or not...

Cheers,
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Sunday morning I fitted 3 s/h Sinopoly cells to replace 3 failed ones in the Hino 12v battery, wired the 12v solar panel into a s?h cheap crap solar regulator and refitted the battery box. Pumped the tyres up, filled all the waters and even put 2 ltrs of oil in the engine. Margaret packed in the clothes and I packed the tools and the show and tell bits for Ballarat to use at the STC Lithium talks because we won't be going this yr. All going reasonably well for a T1 departure, we headed off across the ferry to do the back road to Murray Bridge.
About 5 kms out of Murray the high temp light came on ...... radiator fans not working .....hmmm.... a quick crawl around under the front, they are plugged in, unload the right hand rear engine cabinet and check the wire to the temp sensor, all good there. Time for Mr Google, where is the radiator fan relay ...... the photo was worthless. nothing in an RB145A looks like the photo, only other thing was a wiring schematic. With Margaret listening for the clicks, tipped the sensor on/off to trigger the relay and tracked it down in the other side cabinet :roll: Bridge wire across the main terminals and away the fans went. In the mean time a hose popped off, so refit that and fill it with countless 600ml drink bottles full of water because only a garden hose will do any better because of where the radiator filler is and the air con directly above it :roll:
Smooth travels to the other side of Tailem Bend and sure enough, the customer we had been trying to ring all day rings with a problem F... it, drive back to Woodchester and do what we had told him to do countless times already, back on the road. Over night at something Swamp outside Border Town, sure enough, same ..... rings that he still has a problem, not following instructions was the real problem but Margaret skilfully talks through the issue.
Bang pop flash, the inverter gets over loaded because Margaret is otherwise distracted with ...... double F...., drive back to Mannum to fit another inverter.
5pm Monday night we head off again for Ballarat, then Canberra to see the daughter, then Bodalla to do a small upgrade on a job we did 5 yrs ago, then on to Wollongong for the boys 30th birthday. Then back to Mannum by the 10th to start the fit out on Lesley & Erich's Jayco ..... it's a busy life :lol:
We have just finished a refreshing shower at Tarcutta truck memorial stop and heading on towards Canberra, what could go wrong :roll:

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

SHITE :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Nothing like 3000 km just for an birthday [emoji512] mind you the side job mite help nice trip around the country side
what are secretary for to carm the situation and work on regardless [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk