Terry's next rig

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
homeless

Terry's next rig

Post by homeless »

vw gopher.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Re: Terry's next rig

Post by norman »

thats about right Brian. but not much room for solar eh!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Walking wonder mite need it the way he's going 8 days day and night no stop :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Not a bad looking splittie but maybe a little over slammed (lowered almost onto the ground) for negotiating SA roads.... or Mannum foot paths for that matter. Plenty of room for lithium batteries so I could just plug it in when I reach the Mannum club :D.... can't leave till the battery is recharged for the climb back up the hill.....Do you have a link to the sales department?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
bob r

Post by bob r »

Were are you going to find the lithium batteries at the moment Terry...... I'm told they are in short supply.

Bob
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

bob r wrote:Were are you going to find the lithium batteries at the moment Terry...... I'm told they are in short supply.

Bob
I can find lots of shorted ones Bob :lol: I think I've manage to overcome our supply short fall for the moment, the next step I'm guessing is to carry the stock ourselves so everyone else is at our mercy rather than the other way around :P Getting my head around the cash outlay for supply security required these days is a bit daunting, nothing like it was 20 yrs ago when I was last in a business.... but the writing was on the wall even then now I come to think back on it. Stock reduction by many businesses has lead to loss of many importers/warehousing etc leading to huge delivery time frames, 6 mths at the moment on things like lithium cells from order to arriving on the dock, no business can handle that sort of delivery delay so the cost of stock on hand will simply increase the unit cost, or wait 6 mths for supply direct from the factory.... the reality of the sudden surge in interest in lithium batteries.
No doubt the fly by night operators will switch to the poorer quality cells that have flooded the market.... because no long term players will touch them..... and by the time the failures start pouring in they will have changed the company name and wound up the previous business. At the moment it is a very much Buyer Beware market place.......
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Found that parcel yet Terry? :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Yes but will taken 6 month to get delivered from were is is ok :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

T1 Terry wrote:
bob r wrote:Were are you going to find the lithium batteries at the moment Terry...... I'm told they are in short supply.

Bob
I can find lots of shorted ones Bob :lol: I think I've manage to overcome our supply short fall for the moment, the next step I'm guessing is to carry the stock ourselves so everyone else is at our mercy rather than the other way around :P Getting my head around the cash outlay for supply security required these days is a bit daunting, nothing like it was 20 yrs ago when I was last in a business.... but the writing was on the wall even then now I come to think back on it. Stock reduction by many businesses has lead to loss of many importers/warehousing etc leading to huge delivery time frames, 6 mths at the moment on things like lithium cells from order to arriving on the dock, no business can handle that sort of delivery delay so the cost of stock on hand will simply increase the unit cost, or wait 6 mths for supply direct from the factory.... the reality of the sudden surge in interest in lithium batteries.
No doubt the fly by night operators will switch to the poorer quality cells that have flooded the market.... because no long term players will touch them..... and by the time the failures start pouring in they will have changed the company name and wound up the previous business. At the moment it is a very much Buyer Beware market place.......
Perhaps ask publically for a fund of future users to pre-purchase.
So I am considering 400-600AH in the future, I could set aside $1000 deposit to T1 and that would go towards the purchase of the batts NOW.
A half dozen others might do the same and Viola, instant battery shop in Mannum. With a rolling debt of course but you get the drift
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

bagmaker wrote:
Perhaps ask publically for a fund of future users to pre-purchase.
So I am considering 400-600AH in the future, I could set aside $1000 deposit to T1 and that would go towards the purchase of the batts NOW.
A half dozen others might do the same and Viola, instant battery shop in Mannum. With a rolling debt of course but you get the drift
To import we would be looking at a container full unless we can arrange to share a container coming in the Port Adelaide.... nothing much comes into Port Adelaide any more :cry: So then it's landing at another city wharf and freight to here. Product alone without shipping, customs, GST, insurance, container, freight from wharf is more than a house.... well more than we got for the house we just sold..... I got me a man shed but to ask for the house money as well..... the funeral notice will be announced just after I ask ;) :lol: .... that was just confirmed by the way :?