A little project

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Riverlander

Re: A little project

Post by Riverlander »

There are a couple of basic bits ( Plasmatronics battery charge controller and a Amp meter ) in the cupboard directly behind the 240v inlet that are all very neat. The mess is on the draw bar and in the battery box located in the front left corner just behind the boot. Perhaps the electrics could be put in the boot keeping it all together.
John
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The amp meter is next to useless, but the Plasmatronics either PL20 or Dingo is a good unit to mate with the BMS, a cable need to run from the Plasmatronics unit and area near it for the Victron BMV 700 and the Junsi cell logger, all other cables go directly to where ever you decide to mount the battery and inverter and chargers. The solar is remote controlled by the Plasmatronics unit, solid state relays do all the hard work mounted close to the battery, the BMS unit is mounted in the same area as is the shunt and main fuses. So where ever you decide to mount them needs cooling air and enough room for all to fit along with clear access to the top of the battery when the protective cover is removed, that rules out mounting them up under a floor area, not going to do another one like that, just too hard. Under the lounge seat is a popular spot, also under the bed, but the boot is also popular so up to you where you would like things to go.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Now the fun bit starts. A bit more wood rot in the back than I had hoped for but now it is exposed it shouldn't be any problem to fix. Have to work out where I will put the batteries, hot water heater etc before I do too much more.
cheers John
SDC15555 (Custom).JPG
SDC15549 (Custom).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hi John, how did you fit the van in the shed? what had to go out side? :) :) Have a little something for your bush kitchen :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

My son Brayden has just sold his boat so that made room in one bay. Still one bay empty but will have another van in next week to renew the front vinyl. The square mark at the top had a vent over it but no cut out in the van. Poor Faye comes down to look at it all the time and just shakes her head thinking I will never get it put back together again.
SDC15555 (Small).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Front boot or under the dining area seating is a popular spot along with under the bed if that is forward or central to the axles, you don't want them behind the axles to avoid tail wag and extra long cable runs. You need to be able to run cables from the roof to the battery area and from the 12v electrics cupboard to the battery area. Conduit works well so the cables can be fed through later and removed if required, can't do that if they are looped through the wall timber work. 20mm or 25mm from the battery box to the 12v cupboard and 32mm from the roof allows for possible additional cabling without the "bugga" factor being involved. Ideally, the roof to battery box part comes down through the floor and then back up into the battery box, any leaks into the junction box drain under the van rather than inside. Rain water will climb uphill, through gobs of silicon inside tightened gland nut just so it can get into the junction box and then inside the van so it seems to be a case of fooling it and dumping it on the ground :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1 Terry wrote:Someone has to ask, what is the piece of white pipe up the side do? Was it part of one of those stink removers for the cassette toilet?
T1 Terry
Possibly a TV aerial mounting? (Note threaded top.)
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

A little more progress. Repaired the timber rot in all the corners,wheel arches, bottom of the door and rebuilt the front corner and boot area. New toilet fitted so the next job is to reline the combo shower/toilet.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Good progress x you will be on your way soon.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Progress has been very slow as there is always work to do on the block and have been doing quite a bit of upholstery work. Have now fitted a new bigger fridge and a microwave. Shower interior ready to clad as soon as I pressure test the plumbing. Have ordered a diesel hot water/cabin heater ( expensive at $2,400 ) that should be here in a couple of days. Still have to work out an air con., clad it and then a trip down to T1Terry for some power. Perhaps six months will have it mobile.