The journey to date

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: The journey to date

Post by BruceS »

Bernie you are correct about Photobucket using less Forum bandwidth but there are several on this forum that have limited data per month & the full amount of data gets used out of their allowance.
By uploading it to the forum those users get to see the small picture & can decided if they look at the bigger picture or not.
Thankyou for the thought though!!!
(must be some weight on the towbar?)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

BruceS wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 7:54 am Bernie you are correct about Photobucket using less Forum bandwidth but there are several on this forum that have limited data per month & the full amount of data gets used out of their allowance.

Yes, fair enough, I guess we will be back in that situation again ourselves... sometime...

And yes the drawbar weight did concern me, in fact i could feel the weight on the back of the bus, so after 20k's or so I found a truck stop and reversed the car onto trailer instead, which seemed to work well.

Anyway, enough about that, more about this beaut big rig..
Have you named her yet?
Or is it a he???

Cheers,
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.
Mrbolly

Post by Mrbolly »

El Gringo wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 11:28 am
BruceS wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 7:54 am Bernie you are correct about Photobucket using less Forum bandwidth but there are several on this forum that have limited data per month & the full amount of data gets used out of their allowance.

Yes, fair enough, I guess we will be back in that situation again ourselves... sometime...

And yes the drawbar weight did concern me, in fact i could feel the weight on the back of the bus, so after 20k's or so I found a truck stop and reversed the car onto trailer instead, which seemed to work well.

Anyway, enough about that, more about this beaut big rig..
Have you named her yet?
Or is it a he???

Cheers,
Hi there,

No name yet, but no doubt it will be female so when there is a problem I know instinctively how to curse.
Who said it would never go?
Mrbolly

Post by Mrbolly »

Busman wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 7:36 am Hope you have beefed up under that slide out or you are going to have a bent coach going down the road, we have 2 in the same position but have undertaken very extensive structural work to put the strength back in, once you cut through the webbing connecting the front and back module they tend to bend once you put a few miles and bumps on them. Chris Wright won't even fit them to denning or tourmaster any more due to bending, that may give you a bit of an idea.
Cheers
William
Yes busman, when I raised the roof, I put a reasonably hefty amount of steel above the room as a lintel and more below the floor to replace the webbing we cut out. I hope it will be more than enough?

Cheers
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Our motorhome does have a name...but it is gender neutral.
BernieQ.
Mrbolly

Post by Mrbolly »

BernieQ wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 6:26 pm Our motorhome does have a name...but it is gender neutral.
BernieQ.
And the name?

Cheers, Alan
Dot

Post by Dot »

BernieQ wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 6:26 pm Our motorhome does have a name...but it is gender neutral.
BernieQ.
And the name is "Bi" (gender neutral) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Geez your a picky lot... 'OlandO" now you know.
There is a story....but for another time.
Bernie.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Can you hear the drums OlandO? (Bernie used to be an ABBA fan) ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Never thought of that Dot ...could run with it....but no qupie doll...
Bernie.