The journey to date

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Mrbolly

Re: The journey to date

Post by Mrbolly »

bagmaker wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 10:49 pm Looks like a nice rig, Alan, the windscreens have gone all flat!!
Was that a big task?
Was it a big task? It is all relative, once we had raised the roof with the original header still attached, I made a fibreglass insetso the screens are glue in now. The screens were easy because they are flat laminated glass which almost any glazier can provide. The corner lights are lexan and supposedly scratch proof, I built a mould for the lexan to be formed over and I have kept that for posterity. I am happy that we have eliminated the water ingress via the windscreen rubbers which was the only real Frame rust area under the original screens.

Of course I did have a rusted out folly over the driver's side wheel arch courtesy of 19 years of spillage from the drinking water fountain, but that is almost standard with these things.

Cheers Alan
Who said it would never go?
Mrbolly

Post by Mrbolly »

Dot wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 6:26 pm
BernieQ wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 6:26 pm Our motorhome does have a name...but it is gender neutral.
BernieQ.
And the name is "Bi" (gender neutral) :lol: :lol: :lol:
It is very similar to the name I have called it many many times when it has bitten me, but that is not gender neutral and has another 3 letters. Sometimes it is a multiple word name also.

But I suspect, by the time I hit the road, it will have a politically correct name.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

You will all notice that the gloss is soooo smooth that the top left clearance light has slid off and down above the driver.

www.ozervnews.com/forum/download/file.php?id=5846
Mrbolly

Post by Mrbolly »

jon_d wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 3:31 pm You will all notice that the gloss is soooo smooth that the top left clearance light has slid off and down above the driver.

www.ozervnews.com/forum/download/file.php?id=5846
Perhaps, when I hit the road, the wind will blow it back?