Exhausting Weather = A fan...

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Barboots

Re: Exhausting Weather = A fan...

Post by Barboots »

vik351 wrote:The fanless hatch is in the main body of the Espie, the one behind the AC

I reckon you'd have a good chance of getting some 12V wiring to the AC. Can you get through the roof cavity between it and the fan?
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

"I reckon you'd have a good chance of getting some 12V wiring to the AC."

But thats all 240 V aint it...???

The hatch was all boxed in and a good tight fit,so that was done right, but I imagine it's just that foam stuff in the guts. poke a hole etc...
There is a light next to it inside but ya really need a 24 7 live 12 volts to use the thing to it's full advantage and power to that light turns off at the door with the rest, main switch kinda thing.

The only other live thing is the elecki step...??? :?

Some things just aint meant to be...!!! :roll:

vik...NOT TOUCHIN the ROOF :!: :!: :!: ...!!!
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Barboots

Post by Barboots »

Vik I meant running a new wire via the AC, then make the short hop from there. As the AC plenum is large it provides numerous routing direction options... for example from the forward edge or sides.

Have you checked out the TV antenna... it will probably have a powered booster. You may be able to grab some electrons there.

Kitchen exhaust fan? Fridge cavity? Water pump?
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Barboots wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:01 pm Vik I meant running a new wire via the AC, then make the short hop from there. As the AC plenum is large it provides numerous routing direction options... for example from the forward edge or sides.

Have you checked out the TV antenna... it will probably have a powered booster. You may be able to grab some electrons there.

Kitchen exhaust fan? Fridge cavity? Water pump?

Bloody hell... :D you actually now make me live in hope again... there is a TV booster there not so far away, have to check if that is live all the time...!!! Fridge is on the opp side, prolly more room to play there...

Got the Adelaide show coming up, will see if they are floggin them there cheepa price ... :)

Thanks Barboots...!!!

vik... :mrgreen:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Barboots

Post by Barboots »

Vic it will either be hot all the time or switched next to the TV socket, possibly on the same wallplate as the antenna connection. If the latter, just leave it on and ignore the piddly consumption, or add another switch in the ceiling at the booster (if it doesn't already have one). The Jack(shit) antenna system in my van has both...

Hopefully you can push through the ceiling [emoji469][emoji966][emoji469]
Craig

Post by Craig »

Check Avida spare parts Vik. They had them on sale a while ago.
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Craig wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:10 am Check Avida spare parts Vik. They had them on sale a while ago.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya reckon they would install the bloody things insteada now givin me all these headfuwhatsanames... :o :shock: :?

Thanks Craggiles, will check it out...

Bonza bloke that Craig... Keeper of the "Manna Gums" but thats another story...!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

vik...
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Barboots wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:07 am Vic it will either be hot all the time or switched next to the TV socket, possibly on the same wallplate as the antenna connection. If the latter, just leave it on and ignore the piddly consumption, or add another switch in the ceiling at the booster (if it doesn't already have one). The Jack(shit) antenna system in my van has both...

Hopefully you can push through the ceiling [emoji469][emoji966][emoji469]
Hmmm...well there is a fag lighter tingo next to the red light dodad, so that is "HOT" all the time eh...??? thats more like it... will take a happy snap of the show...

the fag lighter aint hot ... so like ya say, turn on house power , can turn the pump off at the wall, radio,lights etc ...

vik...where there's a will, if your willing... :evil:
Barboots

Post by Barboots »

I leave the house power on all the time Vic. It burns a few hundred milliamps, but that's insignificant when the van is getting some sun on the solar. Plus it maintains the radio stations and EQ settings [emoji6]

Alternatively, you could probably move the power source to the non-isolated side of the power supply very easily. If you want, post a picture of the battery area, fuse box, isolation switch and any battery management stuff which might be in the cupboard somewhere.

Do the cable run first anyway. Undies on the outside... and you should have it done in no time.

Cheers, Steve

Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Prolly gunna flog these after Terry has a play...!!!

Buggered if I know what the spare connection is for...??? splar...???

vik... :?: :?: :?: