test33

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
supersparky

Re: test33

Post by supersparky »

Bruce, I just found this thread, posted a reply, then went off and found your other post about testing. So I came back over here, posted again on a new reply then went to my previous and deleted it. Both disappeared. And I wonder why. Elsewhere that we both post on, if the OP goes back and deletes the OP the whole thread disappears.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I'm going around in circles here.
Too tired & frustrated!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Dont drink and post...!!! :twisted:

Vik... simple... :roll: :mrgreen:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

test99 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:22 am OK it seems like anyone can edit their posts for 'ever' but a person's post can only be deleted as ;long as it has not been replied to or another post added to that thread.
It is a 'feature' of the forum software and can't be altered.
So if someone wants a post deleted they need to let a moderator know.
(Bruce)
Over on the private lithium forum, Nabble platform, to transfer a post to another heading any post that uses the "reply" tab to that post automatically gets tagged to it and the whole lot moves completely, wrecking the continuity of the original thread till it just doesn't make sense any more. The feature on this forum platform of not allowing a post to be deleted if linked to another thread or a direct reply using the reply button would stop that loss of continuity. The trick to stopping someone deleting or altering their post and claiming they never said that, is to quote the section of their post in your reply post.
I had to do that a lot on the many versions of the GOB forum and over on the CF to stop things I pinted out as being wrong getting twisted around ... might have been part of what lead me to getting a life time ban from all of them, nearly impossible to twist the truth without deleting the whole thread :P There were a lot of complains about whole threads vanishing so it was easier to get rid of the smart arse :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO