The new 'Nonny'?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
native pepper

Re: The new 'Nonny'?

Post by native pepper »

There was an Oka for sale in Hobart recently on gumtree Cuppa, not sure if it's still available but there are lots of cool go anywhere 4x4 motorhomes for sale on gumtree
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

Thanks NP. I'm aware of the Hobart one, & it could be of potential interest, but it's a long way from me at the moment, & I'm not quite ready to pursue another long distance possibility just yet. A few days ago it could have been a possibility if we had decided to head south, but just yesterday we received an invitation/request to return to Portland Roads up on the Cape for another house sit /postie gig late Feb through March & have jumped at the idea seeings we loved our time up there so much last Feb/March. I think the Tassie one has been advertised since July & I have been told it's a 'good-un', so depending on whether we head south after March we may follow it up if its still available. It has a GM 480Le auto with an original 4 cyl Perkins. Not really what I want but the motor/transmission might be saleable as a package to make room for a Cummins/Allison. If I could get $5k for existing motor & transmission & a bit of negotiating on the asking price it could just be in the ballpark for something like that . A problem is that in a standard width OKA an east west bed is just a tad short, would have to lay in it to see if it's wide enough to allow 'diagonal' sleeping like we used to do in our Civilian.
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

Heres one for you Ian.
Gum Bend Lake 2 022.jpg
at the Gum Bend Lake Get together.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

That's Peter & Sandra James' OKA #374 Norman. Originally owned by the RAAF. It's one of the two OKA's I went down to NSW to drive recently, both with the Cummins/Allison engine/transmission set up. I drove that one from Taree to Dungog & very nice to drive it was too.

Where's Gum Bend Lake?
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Gum bend lake is near Condobolin Cuppa, last time I was there it was dry.
homeless

Post by homeless »

Dont you think he has enough Chicken Coops now Cuppa.
I think a dog home or pussy home might be more in order.
Rustic for the dogs and Mazzy for the cat.
Might be a bit hard to tow them both behind the Hino though.
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

homeless wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:00 pm Dont you think he has enough Chicken Coops now Cuppa.
I think a dog home or pussy home might be more in order.
Rustic for the dogs and Mazzy for the cat.
Might be a bit hard to tow them both behind the Hino though.
Cheeky shit, I'm not one with a houseboat and a trailer ..... :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

Reckon if anyone was going to find a use for an 'unusable old vehicle with potential' it'd be Terry, Brian. I have no doubt he'd find a way for it to clutter up his yard a bit more!

Whilst I'm here HAPPY CHRISTMAS to all from Julie & I. :D
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

An electric OKA, go anywhere, sit and wait a few days before it went anywhere else :lol: Peter (Petels) might be interested, he didn't have a lot of success taking his Ranger and 5'er bush bashing so ....
If I got it cheap enough, I heard about a 4 cyl Perkins and a 4sp GM480le that might be gong at the right price some time in the future ;)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Blimey Cuppa you really missed a bullet with that con job. Something around the corner waiting for you. So in the meantime Have a Merry Christmas and happy new year.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.